17

"Sino yung dumating kagabi, anak?" My dad would ask me in the morning.

"Si Kenneth po."

"Is everything okay?" Mommy naman.

"Oo naman po. Napabisita lang siya bigla."

"Are you sure, Menggay? My dad would say. Please not them too, I have had enough from my friends. So I nodded my head and smiled.

"Okay that's good. We would hate to leave knowing there is something wrong." Wait, what again mom.

"What do you mean, where are you going?"

"Well, your dad and I was called up for an emergency meeting out of town."

"For how long?" They were never called to work like this, now it's my turn to ask, "Is everything okay?"

"Of course, iha. But for how long, we really don't know yet."

"But we will be back for Christmas surely." Biglang siningit ng dad ko.

Christmas? That's like three weeks away. "When are you guys leaving?"

"Tomorrow." Agad agad naman.

"But who knows, we can be back after a few days or a week. These meetings are very unpredictable."

Wow, I guess timing's not done with me yet.

"Okay okay. I hope you come back sooner."

"We understand you will be alone here. Did you want us to call anyone?" Dad naman, I don't need a nanny. He really does forget that I'm a grown up woman.

"Nah, I will be fine. I'm used to living alone, remember? I think I can handle myself while you guys are away. Don't worry about me."

"Okay, you make sure to call us for anything. And you know your Tita and Tito would love to have you while we're away. When we told them we had to leave, they offered right away. They even said we didn't have to ask." Of course, they did. The parents talaga o.

I really feel I have two sets of parents here. Don't get me wrong, I love them because it also means double the people that are worried about you and double the people that would look out for you.

"I will make sure to meet up with them a couple of times for dinner or lunch. Don't worry guys, I will be fine. Just finish what you have to finish so you can come home as soon as possible."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short update! Thanks for reading!