49.1

RICHARD

I woke up the next day and instinctively put my arm on the other side of the bed. Nothing. I quickly turned to her side. She's not there.

I quickly sit up straight and look around. Her stuff are still here. Natawa na lang ako sa sarili ko, ano naman akala mo Richard, iiwan ka niya? I stood up and saw her in the balcony, leaning on the railing facing the ocean. She was just standing there enjoying the breeze and the morning sun.

I hugged her from behind, felt her jumped a little and then eased to my chest. "Sorry nagulat kita. Kanina ka pa gising?" And kissed the side of her head.

"Gising ka na pala. Medyo. You know, I can wake up to this view everyday."

While still looking at her, "Ako rin, everyday." Oblivious lang siya to what I just said. "What are you thinking?"

"Wala naman. Just appreciating the view. Lapit na tayo alis eh."

"We can always come back here. Or better yet." I paused to see her reaction.

"Better yet what?" I couldn't help but smile cause it worked.

"Better yet, we settle down here. I don't mind."

She just rolls her eyes at me.

"I love my job and I know you love yours too. Maybe when we retire?"

She was serious. I didn't expect her to be that serious, she's seriously considering it. I swear if there's something that she loves more than me, it will have to be the beach.

I  hug her tighter. "Anywhere naman ako basta kasama ka."

"Pwede pa ba ako mag beach bago umalis? Maaga pa naman eh." I just closed my eyes tapos natatawa na lang ako and nodded. "Yay! Thank you. Love you!" She kisses me before she runs to the bathroom to change I guess.

Kasi naman nagpapaalam pa as if naman makakahindi ako sakanya.

MAINE

"Shit, Chard! Saan na tayo? Sorry nakatulog ako."

"Ano ka ba, tulog ka lang. Nag ring rin pala phone mo kanina, grabe ka, di ka talaga nagising."

Shit. Ganun ba ako ka knocked out? I quickly grabbed my phone. Wow, two missed calls, from my parents and Elmo. Grabe ka Meng. I sent a quick text to my mom that we were on our way and that we will get there on time. And quickly dialed Elmo's number.

"Hello, sorry missed your call earlier, what's up?"

"Wala naman, everything's okay. I just wanted to confirm for Friday? All good for you?" Shit. Oo nga pala. I'm sure Chard will understand.

"Oo naman, pero anong sabi nung mga senior partners?"

"They gave their go signal already."

"Oh okay, ede kung ganun naman pala, walang problema sakin."

"Alright. Just wanted to confirm before I book the tickets. Regards kila tito and tita. Enjoy your break."

"Thanks. I'll tell them later sa lunch. Bye."

I hang up and look at Chard. Poker face lang siya nakatingin sa road. Tapos nafeel na siguro niya nakatingin lang ako sakanya.

"Work?"

"Yeah."

"Kamusta nga pala yung project niyo, patapos na ba?"