14.2

MAINE

Naging kami ni Elmo on February 14, 2017. Talagang Valentines Day. It turns out date pala yung New Year's and I really enjoyed it. I met a different Elmo that night and it surprised me. Niligawan niya ako for a month and I guess sobrang tagal na rin na wala akong boyfriend that I had so much love to give and I decided Elmo would be the recipient of this love. He has been nothing but loving to me anyway and it was about time I have a boyfriend too.

As much as possible I didn't want to compare him and Chard. Elmo was a different person and labas siya sa nangyari samin ni Richard. What I actually really liked about Elmo is that we never talk about the past. He doesn't really care cause he said so himself, he wasn't a part of it. All that mattered now is the present, our story and I agree completely. Huwag kayo, may tawagan kami.

"Babe, what time dating nila Tita Tito? Pwede naman natin sila sunduin."

"Wow, Tita Tito agad. Close agad kayo?"

"Babe naman."

"Hindi loko lang, babe. Huwag na daw. Kikitain na lang daw nila tayo sa restaurant. Okay lang yun, don't worry. Hindi 'to minus sa pogi points mo."

Yep, babe tawagan namin. As much as ayoko nun, wala eh, nasanay ako. Gusto ko sana "Moe" ang itawag sakanya, mukhang mas gusto niya babe. Bakit kaya? Cute kaya ng Moe.

This was the reason why I didn't come home this year, my parents would instead be the ones to come up and visit me where they would meet Elmo too. I wasn't worried, I'm sure they'll love him and they did.

To cut the story short, we broke up not for anything but because of wrong timing.

We were a year and a half into our relationship when all of a sudden, Elmo got an offer abroad. Sana pala he wasn't that good of a lawyer na lang. This made me really sad, I bet it did for him too. But I wanted to make his decision easier for him. If he didn't accept this offer because of me, I would hate myself because I feel that it would be Richard not going to University because of me all over again. We all know how that ended.

Before he was bound to leave, he chose to spend his last night with me and that last night we spent together was I believe the closure the two of us needed.

That's why this break up was easier for me to handle. We were just not meant to be yet. Who knows what the future has in store for us? Timing can be tricky. I am leaving my door open for him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parang ang simple lang when it came to Maine's version no?

Are you excited to hear Elmo's? It's coming up next! Thanks for reading!

Nahahalata niyo na ba na I am writing this story fresh as it is? There are no advanced drafts or anything. Even I don't know yet how it's going to end or what. That's why I'm enjoying this so much cause whatever I think of I just go write it down.

I'm as excited as you and my guess is only as good as yours.

I hope you're liking it! Spontaneity at itsfinest! Thanks for reading!