48.4

Shet sorry guys! The update last night was supposed to be a two-part update and unfortunately I wasn't able to publish this one, ang pangit tuloy, nawala na kayo sa moment.

I suggest you reread the previous part and then continue to this part, but then again, you can also go ahead and read this one. Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAINE

I didn't even notice my tears, I was about to cry as well. Oh my god. Is he...

"Meng." I know he is trying to stop himself from bawling. And we just stare at each other. But I give him this time. I don't say anything, I just wait for him. Besides, I didn't know what to say yet.

Para na kaming baliw tignan dalawa, we were crying and laughing at the same time. He was still down on one knee in front of me. I wipe my tears as well as his. I smile at him to encourage him to go on.

He kisses my hand with so much emotion that I can no longer stop my own tears again.

"Maine Mendoza," He would say in between sniffs. I can see him trying so hard to talk and control his crying. I barely heard it cause his voice cracked. I just watch him, trying to memorise this moment. I encourage him some more by squeezing his hand.

He clears his throat but he doesn't stop crying but finally manages to say, "Maine Mendoza, Menggay, will you marry me?"

I then grabbed his face with both my hands and leaned down, "Yes Richard Faulkerson, yes, I will marry you."

I smile down at him, watching him put the ring on my finger, my heart was contented. He looks at it and kisses my hand once more. He wrapped his arms around me and we kissed each other endlessly. We fell back to the blanket as I found myself in his arms and we just lay there under the stars. And then I put my hand up so we could both stare at the ring on my finger while looking at the night sky.

I noticed he was still crying a little so I wiped his tears again and he grabs my hand and plays with the ring around my finger. Then he pulls us both together so that we are face to face with my head still on his arm.

We just look at each other, forehead to forehead. We are laughing now, at least he has stopped crying.

It was Richard who finally broke the silence.

"Just so you know, I did have a speech prepared in my head..."

Natawa na ako. "Ang iyakin naman kasi, wala pa nga." Tapos inuntog ko noo ko sa noo niya.

We couldn't get the smiles off our faces. "Eh kasi, matagal ko na 'tong dinadala. Nung narealise ko na hindi ko madedeliver yung speech ko sayo kasi nga iyak nako ng iyak, as you saw, I really tried to contain it and speak."

"Which I also saw you fail at miserably."

"Oo na, shh ka muna, listen."

"O sige sige, talk na bago ka umiyak ulit."

"At first naiinis nako sa sarili ko kasi nga bakit ang iyakin ko, I wanted to make my proposal perfect, I wanted to let you know how I felt about you and how much you make me happy and how much I want to make you happy everyday.. But then I realised, I had everyday to show you or tell you all that I wanted to say, and realizing that just made me cry more cause I was so overwhelmed." His voice cracked.

I embraced him as he cries more on my shoulder, this again makes me cry too. I rub his back to make him feel better. I know they were happy tears, it is all so overwhelming.