16.4

I broke up with Louise. I was finally honest to her. I told her everything. Of course she hates me. But what I didn't expect was she was still so forgiving. She said she understood but she doesn't believe it. She feels like I'm only like this cause I haven't seen Meng for a while and maybe I just missed her.

I told her, I was really decided and that I was sorry. I really was. I know what this looks like. I know to myself now that it has always been Meng. Dahil sa naging duwag ako, nadamay tuloy si Louise. Hindi ko na dapat siya sinali pa sa gulo namin ni Menggay.

"Have you been cheating on me?"

"No! Meng doesn't have anything to do with this. She doesn't even know about this yet."

"So, what you're trying to tell me is you're breaking up with me to go back to her?"

I couldn't answer. So she goes on, "What makes you think she'll take you back after all these years? I think this proposal thing is just getting in your head too much. You should just forget about it and relax. No one's rushing you babe."

I didn't know how to start. "It's not just that Louise. We're done. Naging duwag ako, okay. And it had to be this proposal that would wake me up. I'm sorry but I have to do what I should have done years ago. Hindi ko na kaya utuin sarili ko na hindi ko na mahal si Meng." She slapped me in the face when she heard her name. And again three more times. I let her cause I deserved it. Ginago ko siya.

"Yan. Sana magising ka na diyan. I'll give you space, you're just not thinking straight." Then she walked away.

A week after that, Louise has been sending me texts and has been trying to call me, but I no longer reply nor do I answer her calls.

I finally got the courage to send Meng a text. We needed to talk. I needed to see her. Without even getting a reply, I decide to just go to her and maybe just call her when I'm outside her house.

When I was near, I stopped because there was already a car there by her house. Kenneth came out and there she was and she let him in. I looked at my phone again and again, checking to see if she replied. But no response. I decided to just wait.

It has almost been two hours, when Kenneth went out and there she was again. She gave him a kiss and waved to him goodbye. She was all smiles. How I wish I was the recipient of those smiles again. She also looked happy. But I was feeling something else, a little jealousy maybe, I don't know. So I decided now is not the time to talk, especially with these kind of emotions I am feeling now and decided to leave.

But then she suddenly looked my way as I was leaving. I panicked so I just drove off.