52.3

The reception was back at the hotel. We rode in the same car that took me here, only this time it had the sign 'Just married' at the back. Richard and I sat in the back seat while everyone else already went ahead of us to the function room. I still couldn't believe it.

"Totoo ba 'to?" I hold on to his hand tight.

"Yes love."

We just got married!" I told him.

"Yes we did." As he leaned in for a kiss. "I missed you. It took everything in me to leave you the other day."

"I still can't believe this is really happening." Then he put his arm over my shoulders. "How did you do it? How long have you been planning this?"

"Shh, next time ko na kwento. Hindi pa tapos ang surprise." Then he winked at me.

I sighed. "Why are you like that? I love you Chard."

"I love you too." He kissed my head. "Relax ka lang okay? Diba nga, just trust me."

"I know. Pero you will have to tell me after today."

He laughed. "Ang kulit. Oo nga."

"I can't believe you kept this a sec--" He kissed me.

We were laughing when we broke off from the kiss and I was just holding on to his smiling face. This was mine and I will make sure that this guy keeps this smile on his face for as long as we are together.

Then I saw him look back on the road ahead of us. I couldn't stop staing at him.

But then his face suddenly shifts to fear and panic as he shouted so I almost throw myself at him as if by instinct, "MANONG LOOK OUT!" Then something crashed. It was the last I heard.

I didn't even see it. But I heard it and it made me lose my sense of hearing. All I could see was red before everything turned black.

RICHARD

Putanginang bus yun. San nanggaling yun?! We were in a car accident. I felt something warm dripping from my head. I felt it with my hand and saw it was blood. I looked to Meng who was lifeless on my lap. She was all covered in blood that I didn't know where was coming from.

I tried to shake her. "Meng? Menggay.." Nothing.

Kuya driver sat lifeless on his seat as well, also covered in blood.

I tried hard to stay awake as I held on to Meng's body.

"Please, Lord no. Don't take her away from me... Meng please, wake up. Hindi ko 'to kakayanin. Meng, malakas ka diba, wake up please. Please wake up." A mixture of tears and blood falling from my face.

This was not part of the plan Lord. We should be in the reception by now. We should be dancing our first dance later, she would love the song I chose and we would both be crying happy tears again. I couldn't wait to just watch her face when she hears it. I started to feel anger and frustration.

I look over to Menggay again. I wanted nothing else more but to carry her away from this awful place. I tried to shake her up again but it seems I can no longer move myself.

"Lord please..." I tried to hold on to her for as long as I can but I passed out myself soon after that. "Meng please wake up for me."

..............

..............

............

..............

...............

.............

..............

..............

..............

............

"Emergency! Make way! Critical 'tong dalawang 'to."

"What happened?"

"Car accident. One arrived dead, the other two in critical condition."

"Operation rooms are ready!"

"Bring them in!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On this day, I got news that an old friend passed. Life is so short and you'll never really know what lies ahead. RIP my good friend, it was too sudden. My prayers go out to you and your family. You will truly be missed, Kuya RJ.

Keep in touch with friends and family, life is too short. God bless us all.