11.3

I am leaving again soon and we still haven't talked nor did we see each other again after that night. I didn't message him because he wasn't messaging me as well. So I figured I'd give him that space. He might need time to figure things out on his own first.

We've had family dinners but it was Richard's turn to miss out on them. Just like during my absences, we respected that decision of his.

It just bothered me so much that my last image of him is his drunk passed out self being brought to the car and giving up on his dream to become a doctor.

What happened to you my Richard? Has the world been too cruel and too much to handle for it to be able to break you like that? I was worried about him.

Christmas came then New Year's.. Still no word from him; not even a greeting. And I let this. I keep telling myself that he needs this space. He needs this space, Menggay. Let's give him this space.

I was on my flight back when I decided I'll give him about a month then I will find it in me to send him a text. Bigay ko na muna sakanya 'to, tsaka ko na siya kulitin. I convince myself that's fair enough; that's fair to him and to me. Closing my eyes to catch some sleep, I hope and pray that you be okay, Chard. Everyday.

....

....

....

Someone was knocking on my door. I wasn't expecting anyone and the knock was different from how Kenneth usually would so I took a peek first before opening it.

I quickly opened it, the moment I saw him. Tears already in my eyes.

"Chard?" He looked a bit embarrassed and as if he hadn't had much sleep. I open my arms gesturing him to come to me for a hug and he did. This was long over due. I almost forgot how good this actually feels. To be honest to hug him was the first thing I wanted to do, I was afraid that he would be just in my imagination. I had to make sure that this was really happening.

I couldn't believe it. After four years of waiting. Here he was in my arms, I inhale his scent, my head resting happily on his chest. The happy tears start to fall. I knew he was worth the wait! This, what we have, is worth the wait and all that pain!

"Meng. I'm sorry, Menggay." As he started kissing my head over and over.

I missed this. I missed him so much.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be continued...