2

Back in primary school, our teachers and fellow students would already tease me and Richard. Typical tuksuhan lang. I didn't even dare sit next to him during lunch or recess because I didn't like the teasing and all the attention. This is why we barely got to talk and hang out but ironically this was our ice breaker when we do get together during family dinners. 

Family dinners were awkward at first because once or twice every two months, my family together with Richard's family would have dinner sometimes in our house sometimes over at theirs. I was an only child and Richard had a younger sister. These eventually became less and less awkward until I would look forward to them too and Me and Richard slowly became closer also. 

Small town remember? So everyone knew that our parents have been setting us up. This is the reason all the teasing started as well but they died down in high school (thank God). 

It wasn't a surprise to anyone when we became official. I was not close to a lot of people. I mean I had friends but I was too shy to open up so much to them so I never really had a close friend. My closest friend eventually became my boyfriend. We weren't that showy, well I wasn't. Richard was always the sweet one. He would put his arm over my shoulder whenever he could and that was actually my favourite place to be in. I don't think I ever told him that. 

I didn't have many girl friends because well quoting my guy friends "they were jealous of me". It was only Valeen who was also in my class that I really got to hang out with. Richard, on the other hand was loved by everyone, we were so comfortable in our relationship and we trusted each other so much that there was no room for jealousy. Girls would give their souls to Richard if that was possible but I didn't really care. I can't blame them. What I liked about him is that I never even felt jealous at all because he only had eyes for me. I'm not sure if he was intentionally ignoring them but I always had his full attention. 

He came from a family of doctors, both his parents are doctors and I know he plans to become one too. I remember he would tell me he will become a doctor no matter how long it takes. 

"Hindi talaga tayo bagay no?" I told him one time and he stopped me right there, held both my shoulders and looked at me straight in the eyes. 

"Ayan ka nanaman eh, sige ka, hahalikan kita dito" We were in one of the benches outside our classrooms. 

"Eh kasi eh, diba magiging doctor ka? Don't you want a doctor wife also?"  He was still holding and staring at me, I tried to look at his dimple to distract my self, it works every time. 

"Ano ka ba, magiging lawyer ka diba? Yun na kaya uso ngayon, medicolegal! Sobrang match natin!" In fairness, ang galing niya dun, kinilig ako talaga. He then flicked my nose lightly. That was his favourite thing, flicking my nose.

"That's more like it. Gusto ko ganyan lang. Hay nako Menggay, hindi mo alam kung gaano nakaka-in love yang ngiti mong yan." 

He finally lets go of me as the bell rang and we go to our respective classrooms. 

"Love you!" He would shout na may kasama pang flying kiss. I would just smile back at him, shake my head and look at the floor while I find my seat because I can feel everyone's eyes just looking at me.