50.2

The waiter gave us our wine first and some appetizer, "So, you're engaged. Tell me more."

"Engaged na nga. What else is there to tell?"

"Oh come on, Maine. Kwento ka na."

"Why? What do you want to know?"

"I care for you. I just want to know more about this guy. Matagal na akong intrigued sakanya sa totoo lang. And I respect your decision before, ayaw mong pag usapan, and we were together pa then. But now, as friends, kwentuhan mo naman ako."

I sighed in defeat, he had a point. "Fine. What do you want to know?"

"Nothing in specific naman, magkwento ka lang, kahit ano."

"I don't know, where do I start." I thought about it.

"Hmm, you can start with pano kayo nagkakilala or yung story niyo lang."

"Mahaba habang kwentuhan 'to, naging kami way back in high school pa, broke up, tapos who knew after almost 8 or 9 years, here we are, engaged."

"That's a good start. And besides, we will have lots of free time sa States, so if ever hindi mo man matapos, okay lang to be continued whenever."

"Okay. Pero ikaw susunod ha."

"Ako? Ano namang kwekwento ko?"

"Kahit ano, ikaw bahala."

"Sige, deal." He leaned back on his chair and just waited for me to start talking.

So, ako naman si kwento. I actually really enjoyed talking to Elmo, he's a really good listener. But I think more than that, I enjoyed talking about Richard. Sa sobrang enjoy ko, one glass became several. I also lost track of the time. I was telling him already about our break up and how I was really slowly starting to give up on our love story already when a girl walked towards our table.

Elmo stood up to greet her when he recognised her. "Jules! Hi." He gave her a hug.

"So good to see you! Finally napagbigyan mo na ako at nakadaan ka na dito. Enjoying?"

"Yes, it's very good. By the way, I'm with my colleague and dear friend. I'd like you to meet, Maine." I stood up na rin. And woah, shit nafeel ko yung alcohol bigla, ang dami ko na palang nainom, but quickly recovered.

"Maine, this is Jules."

"Jules, Maine."

I held out my hand that she accepted. "Hi Maine, nice to meet you. I hope you are liking the food."

"I agree with Elmo, it's really good and I love the atmosphere of the place."

"Thank you. Upo kayo, upo, upo." She even motioned her hands for us to take our seats.

Then while Jules and Elmo were catching up on something, I grabbed my phone and shit. Malapit na mag 10?! Where did the time go?

 Malapit na mag 10?! Where did the time go?