Chapter 63

"Honestly girl, I don't know why you're being like this at all." Normani started, sitting down next to Taylor. "I wouldn't expect you to either." Taylor grumbled, texting on her phone. "Can you put that down for a second? I want to actually have a conversation with you without a text message consuming you." "Yeah, and?" "I want to know what happened." "Yeah, of course you do, because you're nosy, just like Dinah is." Taylor scoffed. Normani growled under her breath and snatched the girl's phone away. "Look kid, Lauren is my friend, and Camila is my best friend. All I know is, well, jack shit really. But I do know that whatever happened between y'all has really upset them, and you." Taylor rolled her eyes. "Why would you say I'm upset? Do I look upset to you?" "I wouldn't know, you haven't told us anything." Normani said simply. "Look, Dinah will be back any minute, and she's probably going to take you back to Lauren and Camila. So unless you give me something then I'm not gonna be able to help." Taylor groaned. "I didn't ask to be taken back to your place did I? You're the one who brought me here." "Are you gonna tell me or not?" Normani asked, folding her arms impatiently. Taylor sighed and decided it was now or never to spill. "Lauren and Camila grounded me." "And yet you went out anyway." Normani chuckled. "Why did they ground you? What did you do?" "Stayed out past my curfew." "Not like you to be a rebel." "And how would you know?" Taylor challenged. "Uh, duh, I know Lauren. She adores you. She talks about you more than you think Taylor. We're all very family orientated, really I'd say it's partly why we get on so well as a group." Taylor shrugged and there was a silence before she spoke again. "I pushed her this morning." Normani's eyes widened. "You pushed Lauren?" "Yeah." "Why?" "I don't know, I don't have a good reason other then she said some stuff I didn't like at breakfast." "Truth tea served." Normani raised her eyebrows. "Is she okay?" "Don't know." Taylor sighed. "I stormed off, I didn't wait around to find out." "That's not fair Taylor, she's your sister, and you're the one who pushed her." "Yeah I know that." "So don't you think you owe it to her to have stayed?" "I know that too." "Why are you acting like this?" "Acting like what exactly?" "Acting so...rude." Normani emphasised when she found the right word. "You don't know shit." Taylor crossed her arms. "So tell me "shit." and then maybe we can fix this." "You can't." Taylor said wearily. "Who says?" "The doctors." "The..doctors?" Dinah walked in then with a duffel bag and saw the scene. "I heard something about doctors? What do doctors have to do with this." "Lauren." Taylor sniffed. "What about her?" Dinah asked. "She's got cancer! She's fucking dying! I don't want to lose my sister!" She cried out. Normani tried to console her but Taylor pushed her away. "No I don't want your pity I want my sister!" "Then let us take you to her." Normani offered. "No I've messed up too bad. I said I hated her, she'll never forgive me for it." "Actually Taylor, Lauren sent a message." Taylor looked up. "Do I want to know what it was?" Dinah nodded. "Definitely." "Well go on then, tell us, what did Lauren say?" Normani asked impatiently. "She said," Dinah knelt in front of Taylor. "Whatever's happened it doesn't matter." Taylor swallowed thickly and listened. "She said she loves you; even if you hate her. And I know for a fact, as does Normani, that you don't." Taylor sniffed. "I don't." "We know, and so does Lauren I think. Now Lauren hit her head when she fell-" "You mean when I pushed her." Taylor corrected solemnly. Dinah cleared her throat awkwardly before continuing. "And I'm getting Camila to monitor her tonight. So just in case, I packed a bag for you to stay here overnight, and I'll take you back tomorrow morning so you can fix things between you." "Don't you think she should go back tonight?" Normani spoke. "Well no, if something happens and Lauren needs to go to the hospital they don't need the added issue of taking a kid somewhere." Taylor sighed. "I am not a kid! I'm-" "13, I know." Dinah said. "Now shut up. Listen. You love Lauren don't you? You care about what happens to her?" "Of course I do." Taylor sighed. "Then do her a favour, wait it out. It's one night." Do you think you can not blow up and help Lauren out?" Taylor nodded. "I don't want her to die Dinah." Taylor's face crumpled as she started to cry. "She's all I've got." Dinah opened her arms for the girl and Taylor sobbed in her honorary older sister's hold. She'd known Dinah all her life, at least as far as she could remember. "How the heck did you do that?" Normani hissed. "I'm a nurse, I got practise girl." Dinah said proudly as she rubbed Taylor's back to soothe her. "It's alright." She whispered in Taylor's ear. "I'm gonna call Lauren, let her know Taylor's okay with us. See how she's feeling an' all." Normani said, standing up to give the girls some privacy. Dinah nodded. "Thanks Mans. Tell her I love her, and that Taylor does too." Normani nodded and stroked the young girls hair reassuringly. "Promise me she won't die, Dinah." Taylor cried. Dinah was about to open her mouth to speak but Normani cut her off. "Lauren is a very strong girl, Taylor. And we're all doing what we can for her. We can promise you that." "Tell her I'm sorry. When you call her, tell her that I didn't mean it." Normani shook her head. "I think that's better said in person, we're not doing the work for you kiddo. But Mani will tell her you love her." Dinah said, leaning back and tapping her nose with a smile, wiping her eyes for her. "Thank you, both of you." Taylor said with a small smile. "Anytime Taylor. Just, quit the bratty thing. It's doesn't suit you kid." Dinah smirked. Taylor giggled, wiping at her eyes and nodded. "Deal." "Good." Normani smiled before she got out her phone and went up the stairs. "Hi Lauren..."