iii.

OCTOBER 1ST, 1988.

10/1/88.

DEAR DIARY,

It's October and it's 12 in the afternoon and I have been doing nothing but looking for good college advancement classes. College trips, Collage Application Assistance, SAT prep, applications, financial aid, and all of that. People say it's too early for me to be doing this, but I really don't care. This is my last year in high school before I move on to the next big step and I have to be ready for it. But yesterday was kinda fun, well, except the fight I had with that Regina girl.

I placed my diary down and continued to look through college advisory booklets with a mix of global history and math homework.

As I did that, my pager beeped and it was Jada.

"Sup?" I said.

"You said that you wanna hang out this weekend. Is that right?" Jada questioned as I hear snickering and laughing.

"Yes and who is that on the phone?" I said suspiciously.

"Let me have the phone. Ay yo, it's me Pac." Pac said as Jada was giggling in the background.

"Hey, Pac."

"You wanna hang out with us today?" He asked me.

"Well.......okay. Where are y'all?" I questioned as I sighed and went upstairs to my room.

"We are right outside your house." Pac said as I froze.

"Wait how did you know......lemme guess. Jada told you where my location is?" I questioned.

"Mmm, Hmm." He said as I heard Jada's voice in the background.

I can even hear them from outside my house, that shows that they are already here. "Okay, I'm coming downstairs now." I said walking downstairs.

I walked outside and I saw Jada and Pac sitting on two chairs on my porch. "Well, good afternoon to y'all too." I joked as I walked down my porch.

They got up and followed me as we walked on the sidewalk. "Mm, it's a beautiful ass day. All sunny and quiet and shit, this is how it should be everyday." Jada remarked.

"It's ugly." Pac said with a disgusted face. I held back my laugh as he said that.

"You always be disagreeing with something." Jada spat as Pac laughed.

I gave them a smirk of suprisement, "y'all cuffed?" I questioned.

Pac looked to Jada then gave a shrug. "If you say so." He replied.

"Awww, look at you! Jada and Pac, sitting in a tree,-"

"Can you L-E-A-V-E?" Jada sang monotonously. I gave a small smile and continued walking.

"Do you wanna go to the park with us?" Jada questioned.

I smacked my lips and thought about it. "I don't know, I have to go back looking through college advancement classes-"