xlix.

May 20th, 1989

Everyone was in the cafeteria. It was 8 in the morning, and everyone was all ready for the long and hot trip. I'm kind of glad that we could do anything we want for the next 9 hours.

I was sitting at empty table, waiting for Jada and Kim to come as I drank my bottle of water and ate blueberry sour power straws, which gave an very odd taste in my mouth.

I saw Eric and his homeboys walking in. For the first time in forever, he finally came to school without a hat on his head, which showed his Jheri curls. He was also wearing a Nike jacket and the Jordan 3's on his feet.

I tried to hide my perverted smirk when I saw some of his chest hairs popping out of his nike jacket. He looked so......I don't wanna say hot. That's a white girl thing.

But I will say he looks handsome. Well, handsomely sexy. I don't think it's wrong to call your friend sexy, right?

He and everyone else sat at a empty table near me, and that was when Raheem noticed me. I never seen him that much.

"Oh, what's up Nia? Why you siting there all lonely and shit?" Raheem bellows with a question, as some people in other tables stared at him and me.

I gave a weak smile. "Oh, I'm just waiting for Jada and Kim to come."

"You're acting as if they're your only friends, you know you got the niggas over here waiting for you!" Raheem rejoinders as he stood up with a smile.

"Sit your ass down, with your oreo ass!" Eric chimed in with a yell, telling Raheem to shut up.

"Man, shut the fuck up." Raheem replies, while I giggled.

"Nia! Nia!" Eric repeatedly called me with his high pitched voice.

I tried to hide my smirk as he continued to call me. "Girl, you hear me calling you!"

I slowly looked at Eric, as I closed my mouth trying to hide my smirk. "Come on over here." He politely obliged, but I nodded no.

"So you rather sit there drinking that little Ayer bottle you got and eat those little straws than sitting here and play uno with us?" Eric questions.

"Fuck no, we ain't playing no goddamn uno, what you talking about?" Ren interjected. "Last time we played uno, you cheated."

"Nigga when did I cheat? You just mad at the fact that I jacked your ass 6 times yesterday when we was playing uno, get the fuck outta here." Eric comments as some of the boys laughed.

I looked away and I saw Jada and Kim coming through the doors, with Jada wearing a tie died jersey, which depicts 1963 on it, and on the back it said a baseball number with a name of a baseball player that I don't even know. I bet he played good ball in the 60's. She was also wearing jeans knee shorts with adidas on her feet.

For Kim, she was wearing overalls with a orange shirt under it and a hat-to-the-back with the same color, as she wore Nike shoes.

"Ew, what is y'all wearing?" I questioned them as they sat around me.

"Ah, shut up, you look like you just crawled out of a junkyard." Kim comments.