liii.

After 10 minutes of walking, we made it to the intense and packed ballroom. We were standing outside and it was already dark. Kids were everywhere taking pictures with their prom dates, while I saw a few gang members on the other side of the block, trying to persuade young girls who didn't go with anyone to get in their cars.

"Uh, Renz--"

"Don't worry about them, they ain't gonna touch you. It's prom night and all I wanna is run a train on some hoochie bitch." He bluntly comments to me, as the girls looked at him and licked their lips.

"Hey, Renz." Some of then greeted in a flirtatious tone as he smirked.

One of them walked up to him. "So, did you bring anybody with you tonight?" The girl questioned him as she started touching his arm.

"Uh, jeah, I brung my cousin, Nia." He says to her, while the girl looked at me as if I was his old flame or something.

"Oh, you won't mind if I could take care of your little cuz tonight, best friend?" The girl asked me, and I gave a perplexed look when she said best friend.

"Whatever you do, just don't give him HIV." I said to her, before I made my own way to the ballroom.

While I walked in, everything was so electric and alive. People were dancing with each other, a ball was running up in the ceiling, looking like those discos balls that they had back in the day, and I heard I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston playing loudly in the speakers.

The room was so huge, also. It felt like I was at a train station with people in the morning rush hour than at a senior prom. I saw Q running up to me with a black and white tuxedo and his hair having a fresh fade.

"Sup, girl?" Q said to me as we exchanged hugs.

"Oh, thank god you're here. I was about to leave because I thought our friends wasn't here." I remarked, as we walked towards a table where Pac, Jada and Yella was.

Some of them did the flirtatious wolf whistle as I walked towards them, while Jada stood up and squealed, walking towards to me with her arms out for a big hug.

"Ooooh, girl, look at you! Making all these bitches crying and wanting to go home like what?" Jada energetically complimented me as I gave a goofy smile.

"With the fur coat you got on! Lil' miss Madonna now, huh?"

"No, it's miss jackson, if you're nasty." I playfully referred to a janet jackson lyric as I gave a pose while Jada squeals continued. I gave myself a chance to give a glance at her dress. I didn't even realize that her hair was back in braids. It was all loose, and she was wearing a short black dress with glitter high heels to match.

And her makeup....it made her look so divergent that I didn't even noticed that was her. I thought it was a Hispanic girl who acted like she was from the hood.

"Well, look at you! With that brown hair and everything!" Pac saw me as he shot a big smile. His head was shaved, and he was wearing a gray tuxedo, also. He gave me a big hug and as we hugged, I could smell his old spice cologne.

"Nah, look at you! With that haircut and you smelling like vanilla ice cream on a hot sunny day. I bet you got all the girls taking off their panties when they saw you, huh?"

Pac gave a chuckle by my more extra compliment as he rubbed his chin. "You already know." He playfully replies as I laughed.

"C'mon, girl, sit. Your feet must've been killing you with them high heels, huh?" Jada walked me to a empty seat and sat me right next to Yella.