xliv.

April 13th, 1989.

The last day of school before that long ass break, and to be completely honest, I'm hyped, but not hyped with the fact I have to do a study guide for English finals that I'm gonna take once I come back to hell.

It was a half day also, and mostly everyone wasn't in school today, which was good also because everyone had motormouths that they couldn't control, and the teachers be tripping over that lame shit which makes me want to strangle them every time they just yell or scream in anger. Like, shut the fuck up and ignore it.

It was first period and I had gym, and I was outside the school's football field sitting at the bleachers as I watched Eric and his homeboys play football.

Jada didn't come in today. Same with Kim and Michele. Larenz was too busy flirting with some of the other senior girls that was relaxing at the bleachers, and by their reactions, it's surprising that they looked interested and attracted to him, even though he looks dusty one hundred percent of the time.

This morning was really hot. It was 84 degrees and all the boys were shirtless, wearing crop tops, or a white undershirt that showed their nipples.

an: note that crop tops were popular for boys and girls back in the late 80's and early 90's. I know you guys will be immature and comment "💀" because it's not popping anymore.

I saw Eric wearing a white undershirt which showed his nipples that was covered with water and sweat as he placed his hands on his knees and took a deep sigh. It's surprising that his Jheri curl was not wearing out during this type of weather.

Raheem poured water from his bottle on Eric's back, as he laughed and they both play fighted briefly before going back to the game.

I heard whistle blow, which meant it was time to go back inside and get away from this hot weather. I got my water bottle and walked down the bleachers and onto the green field as Eric suddenly walked up to me and started walking with me.

"Well, hello to you too." I started as he placed his shirt on his shoulder.

"You feeling good?" He questioned.

"No, it's crazy hot." I retorted as I walked in the field.

"Explains why you got on them short shorts." He comments in a perverted tone as he glared and smirked at my shorts, making me laugh.

"Keep your eyes off my butt, and continue walking, remember that we are friends, right?" I told him, as he sucked his teeth before muttering, "Yeah, yeah."

"But we can have some benefits, if you know what I mean." He commented again, making me playfully punch him in the shoulder as we walked inside the school, feeling the fresh cold air from the air conditioners.

"So, did you hear about the college acceptances a few weeks ago?" I mentioned.

"Now you're talking about that?"

"I know this is a little belated, but I wanna know."

"UCLA." He nonchalantly tell me, as we made our way to the locker room, making me frown a little bit.

"Why, what happened?" He questioned me. "You didn't get accepted to UCLA?"

I nodded my head no. "No, it's just that....I got accepted to --"