lviii.

June 2nd, 1989.

Nia was asleep in her hospital bed for a few hours. It's 5 in the evening, and no one had showed up to meet her yet, due to her friends getting ready got graduation and orientation days for college.

A door opened, and it was Dee who was with Nia's friends. Dee already told everyone about the news of Nia's awakening. The door opening woke Nia up a little bit, and her face was already in confusion. She tried to move her left leg, but it hurled so badly every time she even touched it. She also felt some tense pain in her stomach.

"Um, woman?" She questioned Dee.

"It's Dee, Nia, Dee." She corrected Nia.

"Well, miss Dee, why is there pain in my stomach? And who are these people?" She says with curiosity.

"Nia, it's Jada, you don't remember me?" She took a seat next to Nia.

"Uh, I don't. And I don't plan on knowing you." She curted as she saw a group of boys standing around her.

"And who are y'all?" She queried. "I didn't ask for strangers to come in this room."

"You don't remember me? It's Pac, y'know? Your best friend?" Pac tried to let her remember who he was, but she had only little memory of him, and that memory was when he kissed her.

"Oh, you were the guy who kissed me?" She mentioned, as everyone fell silent.

"What? Why is everyone quiet all of a sudden?" Nia says as she looked at everyone.

"Well, you should obviously know who I am, right?" Raheem says to Nia.

Nia's face stayed blank. "C'mon, michael Jackson's long lost brother?" Raheem mentioned.

That's when Nia's face lighten up. "Oh, yeah!" She says in realization. "You're my boyfriend!" She exclaims.

Raheem's narrowed his eyes, as some people around him snickered. "Uh, Eric, come get your girl." Raheem called Eric as he tittered.

"Please don't tell me that Derek guy is my boyfriend." Nia said in repugnance.

"Well, if it's hard to say me name, then call me--"

"Ew? I can stick with that. And how are you my boyfriend? You're so short." Nia says.

"So?"

"So what? You expect me to say more?" She rudely clapped back.

Jada looked at her solitiously. "Dee, what's going on with her?"

"Well, she just came back from a coma, and the doctors said that she would have these angry outbursts and loss of memory. It's not severe, though. The nurse said we all gotta band together so that she could remember us again, because who wants to see their friends walk down the aisle without knowing any of you?" Dee informed the crew.

"Nia better know me." Kim says.

"I really don't, are you a nurse here or something?" Nia questioned Kim with her eyes narrowed.