xvi.

"Lemme repeat this again: who the fuck did this to you?" Larenz sternly questioned as I laid down in my bed in recovery.

It's Sunday morning and ever since last night events happened, Renz and Dee been bugging me.

"Renz, quit bothering her!" Dee yelled as she came over with some chicken soup.

"Here, baby. I want you to eat for Auntie Dee, kay?" Dee said as she fed me soup.

"Why didn't you do this for me when I was hurt?" Larenz complained.

"Boy, you always try to make everything about you! Don't you see your cousin is injured?" Dee yelled at Larenz.

"And when Nia's is finished eating, wash her plate and the rest of the dishes on the sink. Saying why didn't you do this for me when I was hurt, cause your ass is too careless!" Dee barked as she walked outside.

"C'mon, Ma! Ma!" Renz yelled for Dee at the door, but she already left.

"Shit, man." He muttered as he stood up.

"Renz, don't trip on it I'll do it." I helped out but he nodded no.

"Nah, it's cool I'll do it." Renz replied as he played with the braids in his hair.

"You know, I never saw you this warm-hearted since....well, that bet we made back in 3rd grade." I said as Larenz gave a snicker.

"Yeah, and I won the dough and your ass was broke." Renz reminded as I chuckled.

"But on some real shit, we should try to be more nice to each other than quarreling and cursing at each other much often." I stipulated as he continued to nod his head.

"Right, right. But you always start with me with "Renz! Renz, get your gangbang friends out of the house!" Larenz mocked my voice as I nodded my head with a smirk.

"You really funny." I smiled as he smiled back.

"But aye, I'm finna get those fools or fool who tried to jack you last night." Renz stated.

"No, don't do it. Please, it's gonna cause more trouble and you know how it goes around here. I just don't wanna see you go to jail again or worse, get shot." I said in a perturbed tone.

He pursed his lips together in a sheepish way. Then, I heard a loud knock on the door.

Renz automatically grabbed his tool and hid behind the door to check who it was. "Who is it?"

"Man, open the goddamn door, it's Wax." A-Wax replied in a irked way.

Renz opened the door and then started dapping Wax, Stacy, and hugged the same female who's been down with them.

"Ay, Nia. You cool?" Wax greeted as he sat on the couch.

"Yo, I finded where that fool who tried to jack you is kicking it at." Stacy said as he watched Good Morning America .

"Shit, where?" Larenz questioned as he drank orange juice out the bottle.

"They're down on Vermont. Founded out that's their hotspot." Stacy added on as Renz grinned.

"I know y'all niggas ain't gonna pull a 187, are you?" The female questioned aggressively.

"Man, who asked you about some 187? We just getting some information about these niggas." Wax replied as she rolled her eyes and huffed a "whatever."

I heard the door creak open, I saw everyone. Well, except Dre.

I saw Jada, Eric, Michel'le, Q, Raheem, Pac, Aaliyah, Ren, Cube, Yella & Ren automatically walk in with a bunch of noise.