Fifteen

Sam's P.O.V
"So you wanna come?" I asked Onew. It was lunch period and Courtney, Onew and I were all sitting at a table enjoying our free time. Courtney gave me a disappointed look. "We weren't suppose to tell anyone." I plastered on a grin and popped a fry into my mouth. "It's only one person. What's the harm?" I said after swallowing. Onew chuckled and wiped his mouth with a napkin. "Whose throwing this river party?" He questioned. "Baekhyun and his friends." I informed him.

He thought for a moment. "Alright, I'll go. I have one condition though." I shrugged. "Okay? What is it?" He leaned forward. "I have to bring my dog. He's growing old and I'd like to have some fond memories with him." I placed my hand on his. "Of course Onew. I don't see a problem with that." I assured. He thanked me and went back to eating his lunch. I looked over at Courtney and saw her fiddling with her necklace. She must be missing her father. I pushed my tray away and laid my head on my folded arms. I'd do anything to make her feel better. But I can't.

It's been a few days since the fight with the wolves. Whenever I see the boys at school, I can't help but think about how they handled those wolves with ease. It's like they've done this before. And when I make eye contact with Baekhyun, I blush remembering our kiss in the forest. Nothing else has happened between us though. Maybe it was just a fluke. Whatever it was, I just wish something else would happen. But I'm way to shy to initiate anything.

Courtney kicked me from under the table. I groaned and tried to kick her back, not really wanting to mess with her. Instead, I managed to kick the table. It wobbled and almost fell over when a hand reached out and caught it. I looked up and saw that It was Amber. Her three other friends were behind her. She fixed the table and smiled at me. "So we meet again." She joked. I glared at her. "What do you want? I sneered. She held her hands up in surrender and laughed. "Just wanted to see how your trip to the forest went. Good I hope."

People were starting to stare, but not too many. "It went pretty well actually." Courtney replied. "We met some interesting creatures." Onew looked at us. "What are you talking about?" He asked puzzled. I choked on air when I gasped. After I calmed down, I slammed my hands on the table and stared at him. "Dude. We met fucking wolves!" I beamed. Abruptly, he stood from his chair and it fell backwards. The group of girls stared at him in shock. "You what?!" He bursted out. I was startled from his reaction.

Amber and her friends looked at me then back to him. "Um..." I began. "Me and Courtney had an encounter with a couple of wolves." He grabbed our hands and dragged us out of the cafeteria. Once we were in an empty hallway, he let us go and pointed at me. "Who is crazy enough to mess with wolves?" I opened my mouth to speak but he stopped me. "I guess you are." I frowned and hanged my head in shame. He then pointed to Courtney. "And why did you let her?"

She smacked his finger away. "First of all, I tried to make the bish stop. Second, those wolves were actually tamed. I don't know if it was a fluke or if it was because of us." Onew cleared his throat and straightened his clothes. "I see. Sorry for the outburst. My brotherly instincts kicked in." I wanted to look at him, but I was scared that he would yell at me again. Taking a risk, I did a quick peek. I saw that he truly looked guilty. Courtney patted him on the back and said, "Don't apologize to me. Apologize to that girl."

Onew and I made eye contact. I ran over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Please don't be mad at me Oppa (older guy friend.) I don't know what I was thinking." I cried. No reaction. I was about to pull away when he finally squeezed me back. I relaxed into his hold. "Don't you ever get me worried like that ever again." He chuckled. I felt him pull Courtney into the hug. She tensed but gave up when she knew she couldn't get out of it. "Just so you know, I don't give hugs to just anyone. Be thankful." She confessed.