Thirty Six

WinWin's P.O.V (After walking away from Sam)

I was a bit worried when Courtney hadn't answered my calls or my texts so I had decided to see if Sam had any idea what was going on. I became even more worried after talking to her and realizing that she had no idea where Courtney was either. Okay, so a bit worried was kind of an understatement, I was so worried that my heart began to ache. I had no idea why my feelings for this human were so strong when she belonged to another. I just wish she had been born to be my mate instead of his, maybe then I would have at least some clue as to where she may be. I began to think of anyone else that may have any ideas but I figured Samantha would ask Johnny and Ten so I decided to question someone else, but who? I thought about it for a second, wondering who could possibly have a grudge against sweet, innocent, beautiful Courtney. I started to zone out thinking about her before I realized that now wasn't a good time for this.

So who might have something against Courtney? My mind instantly went to my own best friend, Kun. I remembered how he had been following her around and threatening her behind my back for being around me. I frowned and walked angrily to the usual place that me and Kun would hang out, the library. I may have been a bully before, which I now started to regret, but that was still a place where I felt safe. I knew instantly that was my best bet at finding Kun. I walked nonstop all the way to the school building which was now empty since school had ended. I walked towards the doors, ignoring the calls of my friends as I walked right by them and inside.

"Yah WinWin!" I heard Taeyong call, making me turn quickly. "Yeah?" I said, trying to hide my panicked state. "Something wrong?" Yuta asked as he leaned on the wall. "Uhhh, nothing, I am just going to meet up with Kun" I said, quickly deciding that getting them involved probably wasn't the best idea. They had never really seemed to care for my Courtney, I mean Courtney, while I had always cared for her since we first started talking. It was weird, I had never felt this way about anyone before, especially not a human.

Yet I couldn't have my love because of a certain person, Kyungsoo. Sadly she was born to be his mate and not mine so now she will probably never have the ability to love me due to her attachment to him. I know that we had our moments but we had never gotten to try moving our friendship further because of this bond she was a part of. As I thought of all of these things, I looked up and saw an old wooden door that looked like it hadn't been touched in ages, which meant I had made it to the library. I slowly turned the knob and pushed the old, creaky door and walked inside. I looked around at the dusty bookshelves and finally noticed Kun sitting at a table on the other side of the room, reading a book. "Kun!" I yelled as I waved at him, causing him to look up and wave back while the librarian shushed me. "Sorry" I said as I bowed and walked to where Kun was waiting.

"Hey Sicheng" he said as I walked over to him and slammed my hands down on the table, earning another shush from the librarian. I turned around and apologized quickly before turning back to him. "Listen, I am not hear to talk. I want you to tell me what you did to Courtney?" I said sternly, earning a confused look from him. "Ummm, I never did anything to that girl, what do you mean?" he said. "Alright, I want you to listen, tell me what you did right now or I will hurt you again and not even hesitate" I said as I grabbed the collar of his shirt. "I see you haven't changed after all" he said while evilly smirking at me.

I looked down and noticed what I was doing and quickly released his shirt before repeating what I had said. I wasn't a bully anymore, I had changed, I had changed for Courtney, the girl whose heart I now realized would be impossible to win. I understood that my nickname was WinWin so winning shouldn't be a problem but that didn't exactly change the fact that she belonged to someone else. "I said, I didn't do anything, I am telling the truth" I was about to repeat my question one last time before I realized that his heartbeat was steady, meaning that he wasn't lying. "See, I know you hear it, my heartbeat, now you understand that I am telling the truth. Now tell me, what is wrong with Courtney?" He said, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Umm, nothing, don't worry about it. I will see you around Kun" I said as I walked quickly out of the library and down the hallway, heading towards the front of the school.