Thirty Two

Courtney's P.O.V (Same time as last chapter)

Samantha and I had to break the news to D.O and Baekhyun that we wouldn't be able to hang out after school for a while for school related reasons. We were careful to avoid the names Taeyong and/or WinWin coming up in the conversation. But that didn't make the atmosphere in the classroom for that last hour of the day any less awkward. It was almost as if they could tell that we were not completely telling the truth. For that reason, I did my best to avoid eye contact with either of them. I didn't even walk with them after class as usual though Samantha did. She walked with Baekhyun and the others boys to avoid suspicion since she was practically in a relationship with Baekhyun at this point. Meanwhile, I was not worried about keeping up appearances because I wasn't in a relationship with D.O so I wasn't focused on that. Instead, I walked out of his sight as quick as I could and checked my phone once I got around the corner.

I saw that I had a text from WinWin which surprised me at first because I had forgotten that I had unblocked his number. 'Meet me behind the school xoxo. I mean, dang it, typo!!' it said, causing me to laugh at the fact that he could have just backspaced. I walked slowly, almost stealthily to the back of the school before slipping out the backdoor and going to meet up with him. Before he came into sight, I straightened my expression in order to show no amusement with him. I wanted him to understand that even though we were going to be spending time together, that I still hadn't forgiven him. As I saw him in the distance already smiling at me, I began to have what seemed like an internal conflict with my mind and my heart.

"Courtney!!!!!" he yelled as he started to wave frantically at me before realizing that he had yelled too loud when we were suppose to be stealthy about this to avoid the boys finding out. I waved back at him quickly before looking around to see if anyone had heard. As I did, I noticed a familiar face hiding around the corner of the storage shed. "Come on WinWin, we need to leave now" I said, rushing past him in a hurry to get out of there. "Wait, what is wrong?" he said as he grabbed my arm and forced me to face him. I winced a little at how hard he was squeezing my arm. "Sorry" he said as he let go quickly before grabbing my arm gently and kissing where it had left a mark.

"Ummm" I said, now feeling extremely awkward. "Uhhh, sorr..." he started to apologize before I shushed him by putting my finger to his lips. I hadn't meant it in an affectionate way but the way he looked at me with wide eyes meant that he had taken it otherwise. "Okay" was all he said after he pulled away and turned from me, trying to stop himself from blushing. "So... Are we gonna go now or..." I said as I waited for him to turn back around. "Not until you tell me what is worrying you" he said as he turned to me shyly. "Fine, it is Kun again, he is kind of hiding behind that building over there" I said as I pointed towards the shed while WinWin turned around angrily as he started to walk in that direction.

"Kun!" he yelled angrily, making him show himself from his hiding place. I walked quickly behind WinWin, not daring to stop him as Kun began to glare at me. "Oh, Sicheng, weird coincidence seeing you here" Kun said as he scratched the back of his neck nervously. "Why are you really here Kun?" WinWin said as he walked closer to him. "I was just checking on you. I see that you are back with that bitch again" he said as he pointed to me and started to laugh. Before I could even react, WinWin quickly punched Kun in the face, knocking him down.

I gasped as I tried to figure out what to do as he continued to hit him. I couldn't believe that he would fight his own best friend in order to protect me. I became confused when my heart fluttered a bit until I realized that he was probably use to doing things like this. After all, he had been one of the bullies himself. Without anymore hesitation, I ran to him and caught his fist in my hand. It hit me at such a force that my hand went numb and I fell to the ground. "Courtney!" WinWin panicked as he let go of Kun before running over to me and grabbing my arm. Kun took this as his opportunity to run away since WinWin was no longer concerned with him.