Fourty Seven

Samantha's POV:

School was super awkward after everyone saw that big scene go down outside with Courtney and Sicheng. She had been acting so different lately, well I guess how could one act normal after being turned into a werewolf. I shook the thoughts out of my head but it still bothered me, why did they run off like that? Were they doing some secret mission without me? Even though I wasn't a werewolf like them I could help out too even though Baekhyun didn't want me to and he also didn't want me involved with Taeyong or his group that much.

Sure we were all going to work together to come up with a plan to take down the elders but other than that, Baekhyun didn't like Taeyong especially around me at all, he became super jealous. As we walked down the hallways in between classes, Baekhyun gave Taeyong a mean look at he passed by and Taeyong did the same before winking at me to piss him off. "Seriously babe, you don't have anything to worry about there, I am not interested in Taeyong anymore." I said, not exactly realizing what I had just said at all.

"Wait...you liked Taeyong?" Baekhyun said as he stopped and sounded very angry. "No I don't like Taeyong, me and him might have had an almost moment one time but that was before we dated, I only have feelings for you now." I said. He still didn't seem pleased but shook it off. "Alright, I believe you, I don't want to fight like Courtney and Sicheng did. I trust that you won't cheat on me but I don't trust him to not make a move on you." He said before taking my hand and pulling me along with him. As he did, I noticed how Taeyong had gotten closer to us at some point. God I hope he hadn't heard any of that conversation.

"Hey, guys, wait up." I heard Taeyong say as he jogged to catch up with us. I sighed as we stopped and turned to see Taeyong walking up to us but all I could notice was how Baekhyun's hand tensed and he tightened his grip. "What do you want?" Baekhyun said. I knew he was jealous, I mean how could he not be but I still gave him a look of 'don't be rude' and he stopped. "I just wanted to say, we should all meet up tonight and discuss what we are going to do. WinWin texted me and told me Courtney is trying to find D.O right now but we should go help, it could be dangerous out there for both of them, even though they're werewolfs." Taeyong said.

"Well we've got school right now so I doubt we can sneak out, principal david is on high alert and had all the teachers watching out too since those two ran out earlier. So we can just go after school I guess, hopefully they don't get into too much trouble by then?" I said. "Yeah, hopefully not, I guess that is our best and only option at the moment." Baekhyun agreed. "Alright well maybe we could go over a plan in study hall then to find them cause we kind of need them for the big plan and we have to act fast." Taeyong said.

"Fine we can but I don't want to risk Samantha getting hurt." Baekhyun said, looking Taeyong in the eye. "Well me either but I think she can handle herself. We're better with more in numbers." Taeyong said, looking him back in the eyes, a sense of angry tension between the two. I watched the exchange awkwardly, not knowing what to say or when to say it. "I know she can but with those assholes tao, luhan and kris on the loose, our odds aren't the greatest." Baekhyun said. Then I finally decided to join on in this conversation.

"Regardless, I want to help. Courtney's my best friend remember? And WinWin is the guy she really cares about so I want to help make sure they're both okay. I don't care whether you want me there or not, I am going and that's final." I said, crossing my arms. They looked to each other then to me and gave up. "Fine but you're staying next to me the whole time." Baekhyun said. I saw a hint of jealousy in Taeyong's eyes, making me satisfied. "Meet you guys in study hall." Taeyong said before rushing off to class, obviously annoyed.

○○○

A few hours went by and it was finally time for study hall. I met up with Baekhyun on the way and gave him a kiss before holding his hand. "How was your classes babe?" Baekhyun asked. "Not the greatest, couldn't focus." I said sadly. "I know, me either but I'm sure they're okay." He said. I felt some bit of comfort in his words as we made our way to study hall to come up with this plan. As we walked in I saw Taeyong already sitting at one of the tables and he motioned us over. "Hey guys." He said. I noticed Yuta sitting with him, making me angry.

"Why is he here?" I said as I sat down across from them while Baekhyun sat next to me. "Well hello to you too." Yuta said in an annoyed tone. "He has study hall too and he overheard our conversation so.." Taeyong said. "I want in." Yuta said. "Why? Why on earth would you want to help us?" I said. "WinWin's a friend of mine okay." He said. "A friend of your's? Yet you're always mean to him and his girlfriend?" Baekhyun said, confused. "I admit, I do have my regrets..especially one thing I really messed up okay.." he said.

"Yuta what did you do?" I said. Without another word, he reached into his pocket and pulled out...Courtney's necklace.

Hey guys, thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry it took so long, I am going to try to work on this book more often, I am mostly on my account though and forget to update on here.
~Courtney