Fourty Five

Samantha's POV:

A few days went by, everything was so different now. Who would have ever thought we'd be having to spend time with the bad guys in school and that Courtney would be dating one of them. They had made it official after the whole ordeal which confused everyone at school. I walked down the hallways by myself now that I was having to walk alone since Courtney started walking to school with WinWin. I shielded my eyes the moment I turned the corner to see the two lovebirds making out against a locker.

But secretly I was like get it girl though I did kind of feel bad for D.O but I also didn't want to see them making out. So far it had been tough for Johnny, Ten and I to adjust to Courtney now being a werewolf. I soon felt arms wrap around me as I heard Baekhyun's husky voice in my ear. "Morning babe." He said. I smiled and turned around in his arms to kiss him. "How is your morning my love?" Baekhyun said sweetly. "Would be better if I didn't have to see those two swallowing each other." I laughed. He laughed along too and walked in front of me. "They seem happy though." He said. "Yeah.." I said, happy for her but sad that I wouldn't see her as much

"Well we could ya know.." he wiggled his eyebrows. "Baekhyun we're at school! Plus I'm.. a virgin." I said shyly. "No I mean just a lil smoochin'" he said. "Sorry, you gotta earn it loverboy." I teased as I started walking away. "Wait come onnnnn." He complained. As I walked off, I saw Taeyong by himself looking at me as he leaned against a locker. Baekhyun noticed my mood change and became worried. He took my hand and dragged me into a storage room.

"Oh my god Baekhyun, what is going on?" I asked as he turned on the dim light. "Actually I just wanted to ask you something." He said, making me sigh. I motioned for him to go ahead and ask. "Are you okay?" Was all he said, confusing me at why he would suddenly ask this. "Why? What do you mean?" I said. "You've been pretty bummed out lately, is it about Courtney spending so much time with WinWin?" He said. "I kinda see what you mean. I hadn't really noticed but it has been bothering me. I haven't seen her much lately and it is weird to adjust to, maybe she's forgetting about me." I said, feeling tears come to my eyes.

He hugged me and spoke softly. "It's okay, it happens, when someone finds their mate and they turn them, they become very attached." He explained. "She'll never forget you." He said, making me cheer up as I hugged him back tightly. "So don't be mad at WinWin okay? He isn't taking your friend away on purpose, they're just in love." He said. I pulled away from him and looked at him, wanting to ask him something that had been on my mind. "So you aren't mad at him? I mean..he hurt your friend, he took his mate." I said.

"I'm not mad at him Sam, he didn't really have a choice..and she kinda said she loved WinWin anyways, which is weird for someone to not go for their mate first, never seen it happen before." He said. "Really, it's never happened before?" I said. "No...and that isn't a good thing.." he said. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Well..if someone's mate rejects them and they become someone else's...they die." He said, shocking me as the words left his lips.

The second he said it Courtney opened the door with WinWin behind her. "What are we having a party in here?" She tried to joke but those words were all she heard. "Courtney, I.." I tried to say but her whole expression changed. "He's..Kyungsoo is going to die?" She was barely able to say as her heart broke, tears forming in her eyes. "Baby, I'm so sorry.." WinWin tried to comfort her but she shoved him off, turning to face him angrily. "You told me he would be fine?! You never told me about any of this?! How could you lie to me? Again?!" She yelled at him.

I could tell he was fighting back tears, seeing her so hurt was hurting him as well. "I'm sorry-" he couldn't even finish before she spoke again. "He shouldn't have to die. If I had known this at least, I could have spent his last fucking days with him. No one deserves to die like this." She said before walking off, WinWin chasing after her. "Baby wait!" He yelled but she ignored him. "Should we go after her too?" I said. "He should talk to her, not us." Baekhyun said. The bell rang and I remembered I was in school, we rushed to our classes and I noticed Courtney wasn't there, neither was WinWin.

I waited for the class to drag by as usual, feeling like I was there forever, worried about Courtney, WinWin, D.O, hell all of us. We would soon have to face evil and I wasn't ready for it, I thought I was but after everything, I really don't think I can do this. I wouldn't be fighting directly but I didn't want to see my friends and boyfriend going out into that. No one deserved to die, not even those douche bags that keep showing up and beating people up and kidnapping my best friend and forcing the boy she loved to turn her into a werewolf.

Sometimes I wish we had never come to Korea. But other times I am thankful for the friendships I've made and the beautiful relationship I have with Baekhyun. I just wasn't ready, none of us were, not for what was to come or anything else.

Hey guys, thanks for reading! So sorry for it taking ages to update. I have been working on my other account on other stories and I am writing this one on my own now. Hope you like it tho! Who do you like together more? Winney or Sooney?

~Courtney