Thirty Seven

Sam's P.O.V
"So why were you following us?" I confronted Brooklyn. Baekhyun was sitting next to me with his arms crossed while Brooklyn was in the next seat over. The three of us were on the city bus since it was the fastest way to get away from those three men.

Flashback
"What do you mean by that?" Baekhyun asked. Kris just glared at the both of us and shook his head. "I believe you know what I mean. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out." Baekhyun suddenly ran over to Kris and grabbed the collar of his shirt. I gasped and was about to stop him when he spoke up. "If what I think is true, then you better believe my friends and I will do whatever it takes to stop you and the Elders." He released Kris's shirt and walked back over to me. He slowly came to a halt in front of me and looked over my shoulder. "You can come out now." Baekhyun said. I turned around and looked everywhere to see who he was talking about.

Brooklyn appeared from an alleyway and looked very guilty for getting caught. She looked up at us and gave a small smile. "Well hey there. Funny meeting you here." I crossed my arms and gave her a disappointed look. "Are you here for more information on Jisung again?" I assumed. Brooklyn quickly shook her head and walked over to us. "I'm actually here for those three." I followed where she was pointing and it was obvious that it was Kris, Tao and Luhan. "Why?" Baekhyun asked. She continued to walk past Baekhyun and me and stopped right in front of the three men. "Because they want to harm you." I heard Luhan chuckle and pull something from his pocket.

I was the only person to gasp as I saw that he was holding a switch blade. Baekhyun seemed unfazed by it while Brooklyn simply smirked. "You think you can take me on with that tiny weapon? I left the Elders and they couldn't even take me down." She asked. Luhan simply shrugged and said, "It's worth a try." She glared at him and started to pop her knuckles. "Well. I guess you're ready now." They both started to circle each other, trying to size each other up, and waited for the other to make the first move. I hastily shook Baekhyun's arm and looked up at him. "Can you stop them? I don't want you getting hurt but Brooklyn is just a kid." He looked over at the two fighters and back to me. "I would try but I'm scared that Kris and Tao would try to jump me."

His answer caused me to sigh as I looked away in defeat. Just then, I spotted one of the city buses driving right towards us - slowing down to stop at the bus stop. "Baekhyun!" I whispered yelled. He looked down at me and followed the direction I was staring at. "Whenever that bus stops, I'll make a break for it while you grab Brooklyn and follow behind me." I looked back at him to see if he understood the plan. "Alright. Just make sure you tell the driver to take off as soon as you get on. I'll be right behind you so don't worry." I nodded and quickly pulled him down to kiss his cheek. "For good luck." I said. He smiled at me and held up three fingers. "On the count of three." I nodded. "One. Two. Three!" He yelled.

Flashback Over

"I knew that Kris, Tao and Luhan would be after you Samantha. That's why I followed you." I gave her a confused look as she continued to speak. "They knew you would be looking for Courtney so they followed you to make sure they you couldn't find her." Baekhyun looked out the window and sighed a little. "I think we're far enough now. We should get off this bus before we don't know where we are." He steadily stood up and pulled on the chord to signal the driver to stop the bus. After some seconds have passed, the driver finally found a spot to stop. The three of us stood from our seats, excused ourselves around the other passengers, and thanked the driver as we exited the vehicle.

The bus could be heard driving away as we looked at our surroundings. I didn't recognize any of the buildings around me and started to get nervous. I never liked to get lost in unknown territory. Someone slipped their hand into mine and my body relaxed. "Thank you Baekhyun." I said while turning to face him. But to my surprise, it wasn't Baekhyun holding my hand. It was Brooklyn. She was smiling up at me, showing all of her pearly whites. "Are you calm now?" She asked. I looked over to the right and saw that Baekhyun was laughing at me. I glared at him and took my hand out of Brook's to point at him. "I wouldn't laugh mister. Jet has told me some stuff to blackmail you with." His face showed that he was shocked and he started to whisper something. He must have been communicating with Jet.