Seventeen

Sam's P.O.V
"The winner is Jeno!" I announced. I grabbed his hand and lifted it into the air. He cheered while the other boys booed him. After me and Courtney finished our conversation with the boys, they decided to play a quick game of frisbee. I decided to be the referee since Courtney wouldn't be able to keep up with their pace. Even I could barely keep up with them and I didn't have any lung problems. So instead she sat on the ground and cheered on the boys. I let Jeno's hand go and swiped the sweat off my neck. How is it possible for the boys to not be panting and I'm over here drenched? "Let's head inside and get some drinks." I offered.

They stopped their conversations and looked at me. "We were about to do that girly." Jaemin noted. My cheeks heated up from embarrassment. "How was I supposed to know?" I huffed. They all laughed at my reaction and headed inside the house. "You still wanna adopt them?" Courtney said walking up to me. I looked at the ground, laughed, and faced her. "I have a feeling that we can change them." She smiled and patted my back. "Let's hope so." She beamed. We decided to enter the house in case the boys were up to something. Upon entering, I saw Jisung and Jeno watching television in the living room. They each had a water bottle and looked as if they were trying to relax.

Courtney and I walked further on and stumbled upon the kitchen. Chenle, Jaemin, and Renjun were standing behind the island tossing bottled water to each other. I was about to speak up when Chenle tossed the bottle a little too hard. It flew across the room and smacked against the wall. When it fell, there was a crack in its place. "Hey now!" I hollered. I went to assess the damage as Courtney picked up the bottle and started to scorn the three boys. The crack was about five inches long and an inch wide. I could hear Courtney and them arguing in the background as I traced the crack from top to bottom. "Haven't you learned about safety?" Courtney lectured them. "It's a plastic bottle." Renjun snorted. I perked up at this.

"Whose house is this?" I asked. I walked away from the damage and joined the group. Jaemin piped up. "It's Chenle's. We're all over because it was his birthday yesterday." I turned to Chenle and bowed. "Happy birthday then." He bowed back in appreciation. I pointed to the crack behind me. "You're gonna have to fix this." He frowned. His face looked as if he was being pranked. "Is this a joke?" He uttered. Courtney shook her head. "With every action comes great consequences." She chuckled. I searched through the cabinets and found some duct tape. I handed it to him. "You can fix it with this for now. When your parents come home, you can explain to them why it is broke." I said.

Jaemin and Renjun were trying to conceal their laughter so that they wouldn't get in trouble as well. Chenle rolled his eyes and grumbled Chinese words as he made his way to the wall. He started to fix it when Courtney asked a very good question. "How did you manage to break the wall with a plastic bottle?" Chenle was too angry to answer us so we waited for his friends to do it for him. Jaemin elbowed Renjun making him hiss. "We have super human strength." He answered. I rose my eyebrow in confusion. "You know, since we play sports all the time." Jaemin interjected. They shared a look and focused back on Chenle.

Footsteps echoed from behind us and stopped as Jisung and Jeno appeared into view. "I don't understand why we can't tell them." Jisung questioned. Courtney crossed her arms. "Tell us what?" She demanded. The four boys glared across the room at one another while Chenle was finishing up on the wall. "Is it about the strength?" I added. Jisung nodded. "You're not on the drugs are you?" Courtney gasped. Jeno laughed and pointed at her. "Don't be stupid. We don't need to take drugs." She seemed to calm down at this information. Chenle was finally finished with the wall and placed the tape on the counter. "I think we should vote on it." He retorted.

"Vote on what?" I breathed after he stood next to Jisung and Jaemin. "To tell you the truth." He answered. "I thought sports was the answer." I replied. He chuckled at this. "If only it could be that simple." The atmosphere became tense as Courtney and I waited for their actions. Chenle was the first to raise his hand. He looked around, hoping someone else would join him. I did the same and saw that Courtney rose her hand. "What the fuck? Our answers don't matter." I said. She slapped my arm and gave me a disappointed look. "We should still do it for support. And don't curse in front of the kids!" She commanded.