Thirty

Courtney's P.O.V

I got up quietly, not wanting to wake Ten up before I handed him a stuffed animal that I happened to see under my bed. He cuddled it quickly, not even realizing that I had gotten up. I smiled at how smol and innocent he was as I tiptoed to my closet. I grabbed my clothes and left my room and walked as quick as I could to the bathroom down the hall. I felt like I was in some sort of spy movie by how stealthily I moved to make it there. I was afraid that Johnny would see me and start yelling at me like he always did when I did anything bad. He was such a mom, more than my own mother was in fact, she was always too worried about her job. It was suddenly hard to remember what it was like before I had Johnny back in my life taking care of me.

Even though he could be a pain sometimes, he still cared for me more than anyone else ever had. I appreciated having him there with me, I felt a lot safer. After appreciating the greatest cousin anyone could ever ask for, I finished getting ready so I could get back to my room. On the way back, I tip-toed again, making sure I couldn't be heard from downstairs. I had figured out quickly that Johnny was already up as well as he was talking to my mother in the kitchen as she was about to leave for work. I walked into my room and slowly put on my shoes and grabbed my backpack before walking over to Ten. "Love you" I said as I patted him on the head. "Love you too" he mumbled as he rolled over, still hugging the stuffed animal, not even opening his eyes.

I walked out of my room and down the stairs, hoping that my mom had left as I made my way to the door. But with my luck, things didn't go as I had planned in my head. About the time I made it to the bottom of the stairs, Johnny and my mom walked into the room and immediately saw me. "Oh hey Courtney, I was just about to head out to meet... to go to a meeting." she stuttered as she turned to leave. I zoned out as she said something else while I noticed that Johnny was glaring at me from behind her. After my mom said something else that I didn't even pay attention to, she waved and walked out the door, leaving Johnny and I to our stare down. "So, you snuck out last night" he said as he crossed his arms.

"Well technically..." I started to say before he spoke up again. "Well technically nothing, you snuck out and could have gotten killed. Do you know how worried sick I was?" "Okay mom, well you wouldn't have been so worried if Ten had covered for me like he was suppose to." I said before I looked away from him angrily. "Ahh, Ten. Is he still hiding in your room? I am going to hurt that kid" Johnny said as he tried to walk past me. "Yes, he is sleeping and you will not lay a finger on that boy or I will purposely walk into dangerous situations just to make you worry."

I said, making Johnny back away and walk into the living room, scared of what I would do. I walked out the door as my phone went off. 'Meet me behind the school asap' it read. 'Wait, who is this and how did you get my number?' I texted back, almost immediately getting a response. 'This is Sicheng's best friend. He left his phone at work and I saw that he had tried to text this number like a thousand times. You really played him didn't you?' I read slowly.

I instantly realized that it was Kun. I had no idea why he wanted to meet up with me but I figured why not. I walked to the school, not even waiting for Samantha as I rushed to meet Kun for whatever reason. I made it to school a bit early since I ended up running and nearly dying on the way there. As soon as I got there, I saw that I had a bit of time before classes started so with a bit of hesitation and thinking I finally decided to go ahead and see what Kun had to say. I got to the back off the school and noticed that no one was around, not even Kun was anywhere in sight.

I sighed and turned around to leave, thinking that he had not even intended on actually meeting me before I got a text. 'Did you come alone?' It was from a blocked number but I obviously knew it was Kun. 'Kun, I know this is you. Where are you at?' I texted back. I heard a loud sigh from around the corner as someone began to walk towards me. "You had to go and ruin the mystery didn't you? Just like you ruin everything else" Kun said rudely. I scoffed at him and looked at the ground before saying anything.