Thirty Three

Sam's P.O.V
"So Taeyong did all of the work for your group project?" Courtney asked as her, D.O, Baekhyun and I exited the school building. I nodded while I felt Baekhyun's hand tense in mine. I squeezed it to reassure him. He looked over at me and I could see the frown that had formed on his face. I sighed at the sight and looked back over towards Courtney and D.O. "Yeah. The teacher seemed like she didn't care so it was kinda hard to feel guilty. What about you and WinWin?" She blushed majorly at my words and quickly laughed it off. "Oh. We finished it in the morning at school." D.O looked up at her and said, "I could have helped you if you wanted." She smiled down at him and replied with, "It wasn't your project so I couldn't ask you."

They continued to bicker as we stopped in front of the school gate. I looked behind me to the sidewalk that would lead me to the forest and turned back around to my peers. "I guess I'll see y'all later. I'm gonna head this way." I then proceeded to point behind myself. Courtney nodded and walked away with D.O right beside her. I turned to Baekhyun and smiled up at him. He smiled back but I could see that he was worried. "Where are you planning on going?" He asked. "I was going to walk to the forest and then back home. I'll be fine." I answered him, hoping it would calm him down. I stood on my tippy toes and kissed his lips. "Walk safe now." He demanded. I nodded and quickly walked away from him. My heart felt like it was in pain from the guilt.

I walked on the path of the sidewalk for what seemed like hours but it was truly minutes. As I saw the forest come up, I went off the path so I could enter it. I know I told Baekhyun I would go home after I made it here but I wanted to ease my mind inside the woods. I stepped past the first set of trees and saw a few rays of sunlight stream through the trees. I placed my backpack down on the ground and sat down against the nearest tree. My head rested against the bark while I closed my eyes and enjoyed the warmth of the sun. My mind raced back to yesterday and I shivered at the memory. Just then I heard some rustling coming from the bushes beside me. I opened my eyes and turned my head to look over. "Who is it?" I called out.

A figure stepped out into the light and I was on my guard incase I had to make a run for it. The figure stopped moving so I could finally see what it looked like. "You have to be kidding me." I sighed. The creature turned out to be a wolf and I instantly knew who it was. "Can you shift back please?" I asked Baekhyun. He did what I asked of him and sat down in front of me. He reached for my hands but I quickly pulled them away from him. I wanted to look at him but his face showed how much that action hurt him. "Care to explain why you followed me out here?" I already knew the answer. "You obviously know why. I was worried about you." He answered. "Remember how I told you werewolves can feel how their mate feels? That's how I knew something was bothering you."

I shook my head. No, no, no. Stop saying this, I thought. Be mad at me. Yell at me. Do anything! Just make my heart stop hurting. "Hey now, tell me what's wrong." Baekhyun's voice was laced with concern. Before I knew it, tears were coming out of my eyes as I looked upon him. "Baekhyun..." I whispered. "I did something terribly bad." He shot me his signature small smile and ruffled my hair. "Whatever you did it can't be that bad. I know you." I pushed his hand away and frowned at him. "But I did! I can never forgive myself for it!" I yelled at him. He looked utterly confused. "What do you mean? Unless you killed a man you're fine." He joked. "No, I-" I was cut off. "Or if you stole something." He laughed. I sighed. "Listen to-" Baekhyun then clapped and said, "You're a secret spy!"

"I kissed Taeyong!" I screamed out while closing my eyes. It was silent for a while after my confession, as if nothing wanted to make a sound, afraid that if they did they would receive the wrath that I was soon to get. My heart was beating so loud that I was sure that even Baekhyun could hear it, with or without his abilities. "Um..." I said, hoping he would say something after. He did not. I finally gained enough courage to open my eyes and the first thing I saw startled me. Baekhyun was staring right at me with no emotion in his face. I couldn't tell if he was angry, calm, or even startled by what I said. "How many times?" He asked. "Two..." I answered while looking away. "Face me." He demanded.