Fourty Eight

Courtney's POV:

I gasped as I saw Heechul in my room and WinWin became protective. "Easy there, I just came to check on you." Heechul said as he threw his hands up in defeat. "How did you even get in here?" WinWin asked. "The back door was unlocked." He said. "Damn it guys." I whispered myself. I couldn't believe that Ten and Johnny had left the backdoor unlocked, especially after everything had happened. "I know that you and D.O had your differences and that's he's missing and that you're going to go find him. I want to help." Heechul said.

"Wait, how did you know all of this?" I said. "I can actually read minds." Heechul said. "Maybe you could spend more time reading minds if you didn't talk so much." We heard another voice coming from the stairs suddenly that scared WinWin and I. But then I saw that it was just Kun..wait why was he even here? I thought to myself. "So we just having a party at my house or something?" I said in an annoyed tone. "Listen, I know we've had our differences and I've kind of sort of been an asshole to you..to you both actually." Kun said as he walked up the stairs towards us.

"That's an understatement." I said. "Yeah and if you hurt my girlfriend again, I will have to kill you." WinWin said protectively. I held his hand to signal for him to calm down a little bit as anger grew in his voice. "Look, I just want to apologize and..I want to help." He said, shocking me. Did Qian Kun just say he wanted to help me? "Really?" I said. "Yeah, if you'll have me. I really am sorry. I was wrong about you and Sicheng really does care about you and he's my best friend so I really thought about it and maybe you aren't so bad after all." Kun said.

"Hold up, did I just hear that right?" I said, making him laugh slightly. "I know I know but I'm serious. The offer still stands." He said. "Courtney, I don't know about-" WinWin said quietly to me, letting me know that I didn't have to forgive Kun if I didn't want to. I didn't let him finish before I made up my mind. "Fine, you can help..but it will take some time for me to forgive you." I said. "Are you sure?" WinWin said to me as Kun got excited. "Yes, I am sure." I said, holding his hand tightly and smiling at him. "Maybe we can be friends someday too... I don't really have a lot of friends. I'm not very close with Sicheng's pack." Kun said.

"Yeah..maybe." I said, giving him a light smile. "But one thing..you have to stay with one of us three at all times, I don't want you getting hurt or killed." I continued. He nodded and began to talk to Heechul. "So, we need to head out soon, D.O could be anywhere by now." I said to WinWin. "I know, should we split up or stay together?" He asked, wanting my opinion first. "Hmm..well we could cover more ground if we split up but at the same time that is super dangerous and never ends up good in the movies so I say we stay together." I said.

He nodded and got the other's attention. "Guys, we're going to head out and try to find D.O, you guys can come with to help but we stay together. I say we check the woods first." WinWin said. We all nodded and went to get ready for our quest. As the other two boys went downstairs, I stopped WinWin, making him confused. "What's wrong?" He said. I quickly leaned in and just did what my heart told me to do in that moment, I kissed him, I kissed him so deeply and with so much love that it felt like kissing him for the first time. It lasted for a good while until we both pulled away, trying to catch our breath.

WinWin tried to speak but he didn't know what to say so I spoke instead. "Incase anything goes down, I want you to know that I love you and I always will, regardless of what we have been through." I said, feeling a tear fall from my eye. "Don't cry. I love you too and I'm sorry for everything I have put you through. I won't let anything happen to you." He said as he pulled me close and hugged me. "Don't be sorry, you are worth it all to me." I said. "Guys! Come on, we need to go." I heard Heechul yell. I pulled away from WinWin and looked up at him. "So are you going to be okay?" He said. "Yes, we should go now..actually, give me just a minute." I said.

We both walked downstairs and I had a bad feeling about something so I decided to write a note to Johnny and Ten.

"Dear Johnny and Ten,
I love you guys with all my heart and will protect you with all my being as you have done for me. If something happens, please take care of WinWin for me..and of course Samantha too. Take care of yourselves too and even though my mother never cares, tell her that I love her too. Don't come looking for me, I don't want you to get hurt again.

P.s. Ten, you will find someone someday I promise, sorry it's not going to be me or Samantha like you wanted but have some hope. ♡

~Courtney"

I almost cried writing the note and taped it to the fridge as WinWin walked into the room about that time. I didn't want him to read it so I quickly took his hand and made my way out of the house to catch up with Kun and Heechul...I wiped my tears away as we made our way..to the woods.

Hey guys, thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter.
~Courtney