Twenty Two

Courtney's P.O.V

I sat back down quickly after I finished my performance in front of the class. It wasn't long after that before Ms. Lee began to invite more people up to the front of the class to show their talents. Though, I couldn't pay attention to any of it. I was too busy off into my own world worrying to much about what had happened recently. I glanced down at my phone every so often to see if I had gotten a message back from Heechul yet but there was still no answer. At the very least, I would like to know that he had seen it but it wasn't even left on read. I decided to give up not long after that because I was too tired of waiting. "Something wrong?" D.O whispered to me.

I looked over at him as I quickly put my phone back into my pocket. "No, nothing is wrong" I said as I turned back to face the front of the class. "You don't have to lie to me, you know?" he continued. "What? How am I lying to you?" I questioned, now very confused as to how he found out so quickly. "Come on Courtney, I know you are lying. It is obvious" he said as he giggled slightly at my cluelessness. "I am confused..." I started to say before he grabbed my arm, making me face him once again. "I can feel it" was all he said before he let go and went back to talking with Baekhyun.

I looked over at them, wondering what they were talking about before I noticed Samantha looking very confused as she glanced at her phone. She quickly gasped before she looked out the window. I tried my best to see what she was looking at that was so shocking to her but I couldn't see anything, I wasn't close enough. "Samantha" I whispered, trying to get her attention so I could see what was bothering her. She looked away from the window as she put her phone away before turning to me. "What is it?" She whispered loud enough to where I could hear her. 'What is wrong?' I mouthed. She looked confused before she nodded and mouthed 'nothing' before turning away.

I knew instantly that she was lying, she was a horrible liar. As people continued to perform in front of the class as I did before, I decided to go back to messing around with my phone in secret since I had no interest in paying attention to my classes today. I went to my contacts to see if there was anyone I could talk to for the remainder of this class. There was plenty of people around me but everyone seemed to be off in their own conversations. I would never even think about texting Johnny or Ten though. If I texted Johnny, he would automatically call my teacher or something to tell on me for not paying attention in class. If I texted Ten, he wouldn't stop texting me for the rest of the day. So, it was automatically a no to either one of them.

I scrolled through my contacts a bit more until I remembered one person whose number I had gotten a few days before. I scrolled all the way down in my contacts until I saw the name on the screen, 'WinWin'. I quickly typed 'Hi' before sending it and waiting for his reply. It was only a minute before it showed up that he had read it. I waited for his response since I was really bored only to not receive one. I looked around as I put my hand to my chest, now lowkey offended. I wondered why he didn't respond. Though he did seem to be ignoring me for some reason this morning.

'Why are you ignoring me?' I texted him. Once again he looked at it and guess what, no response. I had no idea what was even going on at this point but I still wanted to try. I had always hated it when people would have a problem with me because I liked to get along with everyone as much as I could. 'WinWin, what is wrong? Seriously, did I do something?' I texted, this was my last attempt at figuring out what was wrong. The three dots appeared on the screen for a few seconds, indicating that he was typing something.

Then it disappeared and there was once again, no response. 'The audacity of this man' I thought to myself before I gave up and put my phone away until the end of class. Before I knew it, the bell rang, indicating that the school day was finally over. I walked quickly to the door before waiting for Samantha as I glanced at my messages again with disappointment. "Girl, what is wrong?" I heard Samantha say before I glanced up to see her standing right in front of me now. "Nothing" I said as I walked out the door, waving bye to the guys as they left the classroom. "Actually Courtney, I won't be able to walk with you today. I am sorry" Samantha said as she started to walk ahead of me in a rush.