Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Lexie's P.O.V.

My parents had left with Bradley and Kara to take him to a motocross race. He loved doing those and I loved watching him but my parents insisted that I stay and take care of the animals. I'm pretty sure two cats could take care of themselves for a weekend but no.

I groaned pushing myself up from the couch from a lazy day of watching movies. Guess I'd do something productive and make myself dinner. This week I've been living off sandwiches so something different would be nice.

Gathering up all the ingredients I started preparing some macaroni and cheese. Since I was home alone I blasted my music singing at the top of my lungs. No one could hear me so I didn't care. I could sing but rarely did, well to my family anyways.

Another song interrupted my beat, there was Justin right on time. I laughed connecting the call. Every night, I swear. I really wondered why he found such an interest in me but to be honest I loved the attention. "Hi Justin" I smiled, I even felt my face light up.

"Hey" he smiled back at me then looked around my surroundings. Tonight I was in the kitchen instead of my room.

"I'm in the kitchen" I laughed seeing the confused look on his face. "My parents took Bradley to a motocross race so I'm home alone all weekend"

He nodded in understanding, "Why didn't you go?"

"Well as you know there is some tension between all of us so I decided to stay home this weekend, you know some alone time" I sighed, "I'm making dinner so I will still talk but you may not be able to see me"

"Oh yeah no problem, so how did things go last night?"

"Same thing that happens every time. I can't stay mad at her, she's just trying to help but-"

"Yeah I know" he laughed which helped the tension. I really had no clue as to why but I felt I could let him in with my every thought and feeling. "So is it true you've never been kissed?"

"Yes, as pathetic as it sounds"

He laughed again, he must be in a really good mood tonight. Then again he always seemed like he was like this when he was talking to me. "Hmm maybe I should change that"

I laughed adding a little squeak, "That's kind of impossible Justin"

"Maybe it is and maybe it isn't" he chuckled, right now I couldn't see him but I could hear him. It got super quiet before he softly spoke up. "Lexie, did you ever think what would have happened if I didn't move away?"

"What are you getting at?"

"If maybe we would have dated or stay friends"

I nodded, even though he couldn't see me. "Yeah I honestly have"

"So have I" I looked up at the screen to see him glancing down. Was he blushing?

The doorbell rang off and I knew it was Garrett bringing over my costume for our next play. "Hang on a second" I smiled and took off down the hall.

There Garrett stood with my Catherine of Aragon costume. I drug him inside as he set the costume on the table. It looked huge and heavy, I'd never understand how women back then wore these kinds of things.

I inspected every detail from the frill on the collar to the pattern on the huge skirt. It looked perfect. Garrett was playing King Henry VIII. We had done this play many times before but my role always got switched, this time I was playing the beloved wife that died and didn't get her head cut off.