Lost in thought

After a weeks of being sick, I am able to get back on my two feet and start school. Seeing as there are only a few more weeks until the holidays but also the day when my Dad gets back from his 3 month work trip. I glance among the tired and restless faces of students as they struggle to keep a strong posture. They walk through the crowded hallways, with expressions scary enough to think it was Halloween.

"Did I just walk into a zombie apocalypse?" Noah's voice steers me out of my trance, he stands beside me clutching his one book against his chest. He's scanning all the faces carefully with a scowl expression among his features.

"I wouldn't blame them." I mutter. "We have our final exams in a couple of weeks, so everyone is basically dead."

Noah sighs. "Of course, the exam that determines if you're going to get an ass whopping from your mum if you don't do well."

"Then I guess you have to study hard aye Matthews?" I spot Carter basically molesting Brooklyn against the steel lockers. Noah and I look at each in disgust, Noah places a fist on his lips and I can feel a double chin forming as I rear my head back grossed out.

Carter and Brooklyn decide to take a quick breather, but before they could start again Noah groans out loudly to get their attention. Carter looks at us and the tips of his ears go red, Brooklyn tries to hide her face in the crook of Carter's neck but you can tell she is just embarrassed as he is. We start to take small steps cautious we might get bitten from whatever has possessed them to do that in a public hallway.

"We get it, you guys are dating. Don't need to showcase it and force it down everyone's throats." Noah states, his face still scrunched up as if he feels nauseous.

Brooklyn removes her head from Carter's shoulder, glaring furiously at Noah. "I don't know how you aren't single yet? Oh wait...you are."

Carter and I both snicker quietly, as Noah's jaw clenches. Brooklyn smirks before giving Carter a quick peck on the cheek. This boy could get his big toe sucked by Brooklyn and he would still blush like a little bitch.

"I'll see you guys later." Brooklyn smiles. "I need to go see Mr. Furthermore about putting my grade up."

Noah smirks. "The only way that could happen is if you show him your goods."

We all snap our head to Noah, as he shrugs his shoulder defensively. "You're disgusting."

"Damn straight." Carter huffs.

Brooklyn rolls her eyes as if she's heard this a thousand times already. She walks away with confidence, before turning a corner and out of our sight. I punch Noah in the arm and he clutches it in pain. "Who are you? Regina George?"

"I could be." Noah flips his hair which is surprisingly still long, before hauling his bag on his shoulder. Carter sends him a warning and he steers back a bit raising his arms in surrender. I search around, my eyes scanning all the unfamiliar faces that appear in my view. Carter nudges me, a teasing smile on his lips.

"He's not here." Noah says from beside me. I ignore both of them and start heading over to my study class. They fall in step with me as I continue to ignore them.

"What is going on with you two?" Noah asks.

"Yeah." Carter agrees "I don't know why you can't confess your love for him and put us all out of our misery. Don't think it's just you two suffering, because I'm waiting for my ship to
Sail."