You own me

I knock on the door waiting for an answer before I hear a distant voice yell my name for me to enter. I quietly push through the entrance making sure to close the door behind me, as I find my way wandering through the halls following the soft music that leads to the the living room.

There she is. Sitting cross legged on the carpeted floor with tons and tons of post cards surrounding her, she picks up a dry dead rose from one of the cards before placing it next to the other goods she had managed to discover. She senses my presence and looks up from what has her distracted. Her smile is bright and welcoming as she pats the empty space beside her, but I don't bother. I cross the living room until I've made my way behind her, I tuck her small body in between my legs as my back leans against the pale sofa.

My arms wrap around her torso securely as I feel her relax finding comfort within me. She holds onto my hands, her fingers tracing my palm before bring it to her lips and placing a small peck on the back of my hand.

"What are you doing?" I whisper into her hair, allowing myself to breathe in the fruity scent of her shampoo. She reaches forward and grasps a letter that was laid out in front of her, she holds it towards me letting my eyes skim across the words written. "Are these from Diana?"

"Yeah" Tessa replies. "The day before graduation, her and Ricky came to see me. She didn't feel it was appropriate to attend my graduation so they just came to drop by."

Tessa leans back into my chest so that we both can see the written post cards, each picture representing a different country, city, region with a letter attached to it. "She came by with a box. It was filled with letters, postcards and small souvenirs from her travels, all of it addressed to me."

I kiss her temple and she tilts her head to return the kiss to my cheek. "Have you been going through them all this time?"

"I have." She confirms. "She said it was up to me if I wanted to read it or not, she thought about tossing it in the trash...but she gave the box for me to decide what to do with it."

"You read them all?" I question again, my hand traveling up in and down her exposed arms.

Tessa shakes her head. "Not all of them, but I've managed to make a decent dent. You want to read one?"

I raise a brow as she reaches for a letter, turning in my arms so face me. "I don't know? This is more of a personal thing between you and Diana."

"Jae." Tessa sighs. "I love and trust you I'm willing to share this part of my life with you, but only if you're interested."

I smile at her thinking how I could be so lucky to have Tessa, she's literally everything good in this world. "Read it to me."

She grins excitedly before landing back into my arms slightly leaning into my chest. I wrap my arms around her waist holding her close to me as if our distance isn't enough.

"To my baby, Tessa." She begins. "I can't tell you enough how in love I am with being in Norway. Crazy right, like who in their right mind would want to go to Norway? No one. But here I am!"

Tessa laughs as I read along with her silently. "It's so beautiful here, very different to what I'm use to back at home. Big extravagant city with bright lights and loud noise, it's so peaceful here, it's so calming here in Norway. Maybe one I'll take you here when I have the guts to face you and your papa. Anyways, I hit a guy with my car last week, by accident. The doctors say he's fine just a fractured wrist but I swear he has concussion as well because he wants to take me out on a date."

"I hit him with my car and he wants to take me out on a date? I'm confused, he could sue me but instead I have to suffer through this date. Don't get me wrong the guy is very good looking (close to your papa but not quite), but isn't there something wrong with this picture. I said yes, to the date that is. I owe him that to say the least, he doesn't seem to be the serial killer type. But, if you don't hear from me after this...start investigating."