Two souls in a body

Note: This is a flashback chapter on Becca's POV. The first paragraph shall explain why did she had the flashback.

Enjoy my little killers! :)

I was standing in the middle of the now abandoned stage. Laughing Jack was standing across of me, looking at me like if he knew me since a long time ago. Maybe he did. We gorgon people have the ability of reincarnating and being reborn in many bodies with just one soul. His eyes focused on me more and more, making me feel uneasy. Then, a little flash of white color passed through my eyesight, letting me see a little piece of my past in black and white.

...

It was a nice spring day. I was playing with my cousin on my room. My cousin had arrived here recently, telling me that my uncle was dead. He then showed me this beautiful toy. A Jack in a box, to be exact. We both joyfully played with it, but sometimes, my cousin would run away to play alone. I felt sad for my cousin and the little Jack in the box. They loved each other so much that I even thought that the Jack in the box had life of its own.

On that same day, my cousin told me something that scared me. He explained on full detail what happened to my uncle. I was a little kid and I obviously got scared of my cousin. He stretched his hand towards me and told me to not be scared of him, that he would protect me forever.

"Please Zoe, don't be scared of me. Jack and I will always protect you."

I had never noticed how his eyes looked into mine. He made me feel something special towards him, but it was never meant to be. Jack wouldn't have liked it. Each time he said he would protect me, I blushed and looked away from him. Then, I admitted to myself: I had fallen in love with my cousin.

Two weeks after he promised to protect me, my mother had an accident in our house. She had left the oven turned on and it overheated, causing the kitchen to turn in fire. The fire was bright and hot, yet I knew I couldn't touch it.

My mom was in the kitchen, shouting for help and I desperately wanted to help her. I looked over at my cousin and he only looked for the Jack in the box. My anger and jealousy took the lead as I ran towards the kitchen.

"Mom! Mother! Mother where are  you?" I shouted

My mom answered shortly after. She was inside the fridge. I moved her hand on top of my shoulder and walked her out of the kitchen. When I was close to the kitchen door, the roof collapsed and fell on top of my mother and I. The fire burned my skin and I whimpered softly while I caressed my mother for the last time ever.

As my eyes were giving up, my cousin and Jack came running to the rescue. My mom had blacked out a few minutes before they came in so she couldn't see the marvelous view in front of my eyes. Jack lifted the wood from on top of us and shoved it aside. Cousin then lifted me up from the floor and carried me away from the flames while Jack did the same with my mother. Slowly, I reached for my cousins face and smiled to him. My blonde hair was all over my face, but I could still see him.

"Cousin...?"

He looked at me and smiled. Those chocolate colored cheeks and those beautiful white eyes glinted with life. I blushed, but kept caressing him anyways.

"Yes Zoe?"

His voice was melodic and soft. It was better than hearing Ben Bruce from Asking Alexandria. I smiled at him again and rested my head against his chest.

"I love you more than you could ever imagine. I don't want you as a cousin anymore. Please, be my only."

His white eyes widened and his face showed a faint blush. My heart screamed at me to kiss him and get this over with, but my mind begged for me to shut up. My cousin then did something unexpected. He kissed my lips in such a loving way that he made me go to Venus and brought me back.

"I love you too, Zoe. Jack must never know about this."

I don't know if it was destiny, but Jack was behind him when he confessed to me and I could see the anger on his eyes. Jack then grabbed my mother and sliced her in half, leaving me in pieces. I hugged cousin close and cried onto his chest. Jack then tried to come at cousin, but cousin was an amazing fighter. Cousin dodged Jack and put me on the floor.

I looked for the box where Jack was kept, but I couldn't find it. It wasn't under the couch nor on the streets. Then it got me. Jack buried his own box. I ran out of the house and went to our backyard. Sure enough, there was a big dirt lump on the yard. I got to dig as fast as I could with only my bare hands. While I did this, I could hear Jack shouting angrily at me.

"Zoe!! Don't get that damned box!!"

I kept looking for the box and soon after, I found it. The box had been buried deep in the ground and it was hard to reach it. I jumped into the hole where the box was buried and grabbed the box. Suddenly, I heard wood breaking apart and when I look towards my house, Jack and cousin were outside, on the backyard, fighting incessantly.

Slowly, I grabbed the handle of the box and started moving it in circles, causing the melody of "pop goes the weasel" to play. Jack stopped fighting with cousin and look at me with terrified eyes. He tried to come at me and rip the box out of my little hands, but I threw it at cousin and the price I had to pay was horrendous.

Jack used his long nails to pierce my entire body. My blood was dripping down his hands, chest and face, but he still looked funny. Cousin then arrived and got Jack inside its box. While he kneeled down besides me, I held his hand and caressed it.

Tears fell down cousin's face and that made me feel even worse for leaving him alone. He sobbed and whimpered besides me, for he knew I had no more time left. Even though it hurt, I lifted myself up and kissed his lips for the second and last time ever.

"Zoe... Don't leave me... Zoe!!"

I looked at him while my eyes closed and said the last words that were to come from my lips.

"I love you, Chad.... "

I never planned for this to happen, but it did. Nonetheless, I thought my soul would die immediately and it didn't. When I left my body, I attached my soul upon Chad's body. I will get to see him after I died after all. We are now one body and person. Not even Jack could stop me now!