Every Problem Has A Solution

Paul and Patryck were panicking. Tom was nowhere to be found when they woke up that morning, however what worried them more? The mysterious specks of blood that dotted the glass shards barely hanging onto the shattered window across from them.
"You don't think..." Patryck trailed off. Paul knew what Patryck meant, but that had only caused him to panic even more.
"Don't think what?" A voice asked. Paul and Patryck turned around to see Tom popping his head out from a supply crate that was shoved into a corner.
"Tom! What in the world are you doing in there?!" Patryck shouted.
"Got bored," Tom shrugged. Paul chuckled, walking over to Tom and lifting him from the crate.
"So you decided to explore?" Paul grinned.
"Mm-hm! By the way, what are these?" Tom asked, holding up two flash grenades. Patryck quickly hurried over to Tom and frantically snatched both of them from him.
"These are dangerous Tom!" Patryck scolded.
"Well if they're so dangerous, then why does mister Tord have an entire box full of them out in the open where anyone can see them?" Tom frowned. Patryck opened his mouth to say something, but was interrupted by Paul's loud laughter.
"Ha! Hey, the kid does have a point," Paul laughed.
"I swear, if I left you two alone together for more than a second, the entire base would blow up!" Patryck complained.
"Careful Pat, you might end up jinxing us," Paul replied.
"Uh... Paul? Patryck? Are you up there?" Someone called from the first floor.
"Oh great, it's him," Paul and Tom groaned in unison, both of them grinning after realizing their synchronization. 
"We are, just one second," Patryck yelled back, climbing down the ladder that led to the first floor, Paul and Tom hesitantly followed after him.
"Ah! There you are!" The medic smiled upon seeing Paul and Patryck, however his smile was soon replaced with a look of fear upon seeing Tom trailing behind them.
"What is it now?" Paul sighed.
"It's just uh... just Red leader, he um... wants to see you two in his office," The medic stuttered, pure terror making it's way through every inch of his brain.
"What for? I mean, I'm not questioning Red leader or anything, but did he at least tell you why?" Patryck asked. The medic lowered his voice slightly so that Tom was unable to hear him.
"It's about Tom, we think we might've found a possible cure for his situation, but he refuses to hear a word of it until both of you are there to hear it as well," The medic whispered.
"What? Why?" Paul was just as confused as Patryck. The medic shrugged and began to walk away, trying to get away from Tom as fast as possible.
"Let's get going then, orders are orders," Patryck sighed. Both Paul and Patryck quickly ran towards their leader's office, completely forgetting that Tom was still following closely behind them, that is until they met up with Tord, who was patiently waiting outside his own office door.
"You brought Tom?" Tord asked. Paul and Patryck turned around, Tom quietly stood there, smiling and waving at the two men, realizing that they had forgotten he was even there.
"Ugh," Paul groaned.
"Hi mister Tord!" Tom shouted excitedly.
"Hello Tom," Tord nodded.
"Red leader sir, we came as soon as possible!" Patryck saluted.
"I can see that, look, I have no idea what the cure is for... You know what, but I figured that I want you two to hear what it is in case it's something you can help with," Tord explained.
"Makes sense sir," Paul replied.
"Agreed," Patryck added.
"Good, glad we're all on the same page, now come on, they're waiting for us in there," Tord motioned towards his office door, holding it open for Paul and Patryck, both of them quietly thanking him. Tord was about to follow them in, but a small voice interrupted him.
"Mister Tord? What about me? Where am I supposed to go?" Tom frowned.
"Oh, right..." Tord began.
"Please don't make me stay with the medic or anything like that!" Tom begged. Tord chuckled, suddenly his eyes focused themselves on a chair sitting just across from his office door.
"Tom, sit over there and wait for me okay?" Tord pointed to the chair.
"What? I can't come in with you?" Tom asked, sounding pitiful.
"No Tom, you can't," Tord sighed.
"What? Why not?!" Tom was beginning to get angry.
"This is an important meeting for me Tom, adults only,"
"I promise I'll be quiet!"
"Tom it's not a matter of being quiet, please, just wait out here, I'll be out in a moment,"
"No!" Tom shouted.
"Thomas I said no and that is final!" Tord screamed in Tom's face. Tom backed away slightly, tears streaming down his face. Dang it, this was exactly what Tord didn't want to happen.
"Please mister Tord... Please don't leave me all alone out here! I don't want to be alone..." Tom sniffled. Tom began violently shaking, it seemed like he was struggling to stay on his feet, and there were just... So many tears. Tord didn't know what to do, he was used to people crying, what else would someone do while watching an entire army kill their friends and family? However, this was different, this was Tom, someone Tord never thought he'd see cry. Tord assumed that the first time he'd witness Tom crying, it would be because of the endless torture Tord would put him through, he also assumed that seeing Tom cry would make him feel overjoyed... he was wrong, so very wrong. Seeing Tom cry actually made Tord's heart ache for some odd reason, just seeing someone who was normally so confident and resilient break like that... Tord nearly wanted to cry himself. Rather than cry, Tord managed to clear his head. This was Tom, and he had to make sure he stayed happy, otherwise Tom would try running away and everything Tord had worked so hard for would be ruined, he'd never get to watch Tom suffer.
"Listen Tom, I'm sorry, but this is really important to me, if you wait out here and be good, then I promise that once we're done, you and I can go out for ice cream or something, is that alright with you?" Tord faked a smile. Tom looked up at Tord, a small grin on his face.
"Mm-hm! Right after you're done right?"
"Yes, right after I'm done,"
"Okay, thank you mister Tord!" Tom grinned. He ran to hug Tord, but quickly stopped after remembering what Tord had said about hugs the other day. Tord noticed Tom looking sad again and sighed. He got on one knee so that he was eye level with Tom, holding his arms out.
"Just this once," Tord rolled his eyes. Tom practically squealed, running into Tord's arms, hugging him. Tord chuckled, Tom apparently hadn't lost any of his strength, which was evident in the way Tom was seemingly trying to crush Tord.
"You're the best mister Tord!" Tom giggled, releasing Tord from his death grip.
"Thank you Tom, now if you'll excuse me I have a meeting to attend, just wait in that chair and be good until I'm done okay?" Tord sighed, his hand on the doorknob of his office door.
"Okay! Bye mister Tord!" Tom waved. Tord nodded and walked into his office, everyone inside gave him a strange look, including Paul and Patryck.
"What?" Tord asked.
"Sir, we could hear through the door, also the glass on the door is one-way glass... we just saw that whole thing," Patryck replied.
"Oh..." Tord began. An awkward silence filled the room for a moment.
"No offense or anything sir, but did you just hug your worst enemy and promise him ice cream?" Paul chuckled.
"If you must know, yes, I did, and Paul, you're lucky we were friends before this army, otherwise I definitely would've had you executed by now," Tord grinned menacingly.
"Okay! God... point taken," Paul mumbled.

Huh, well that was a long chapter. As you can see, Tom is becoming much more attached to Tord.... anyhow, somehow this story now had more than 500 votes, and 6 thousand reads, not to mention all of the good feedback I get from you guys! Thank you all so much, I must sound repetitive, but honestly, I wouldn't thank you all so much if I didn't truly feel grateful! I promised I'd get this out before the end of the week, so promise fulfilled! However it might seem like it's lacking a little in comparison to the other chapters due to the fact that I worked on this for three seperate days, so my brain had to sort of refresh itself everyday... anyhoooow thank you all for reading!