Ranting

The medic was still examining the lead scientist's ankle. It wasn't that he was unsure of himself, it was simply a matter of being sure. After the incident with Patryck... He had always double checked his diagnosis. He was closely inspecting it, slowing moving it so as not to hurt the lead scientist, but to get a better look at the ankle. The infirmary door suddenly slammed open, causing the medic to jump and accidentally jerk the sprained ankle around.
"Ow!" The lead scientist squeaked.
"Oh! Amelia- er lead scientist! I am so sorry!" The medic apologized profusely. In the doorway stood Red leader, a confused look on his face.
"How did this happen?" He asked, motioning towards the ankle. The lead scientist shot the medic a pleading look, clearly she wanted him to come up with something.
"According to her, the power went out in the lab and she ended up tripping on something in the dark," The medic explained.
"The power went out in the lab?" Tord asked just to clarify.
"Yeah, but not to worry Red leader! It came back on, if I had to take a guess, I'd say it has something to do with all of this rain we've been getting lately," The lead scientist shrugged.
"Hm, I hope that doesn't start messing with the main base's power as well," Tord mumbled to himself.
"Don't worry Red leader, I will get to work on the backup generators as soon as possible!" The lead scientist declared. The medic gave her an exasperated look. Fortunately, Red leader got to her first.
"Not with that busted ankle, I'll get someone else to do it," He sighed. If this had been one of his foot soldiers, he would've told them to walk it off with a malicious smile, but replacing a soldier was one thing, it was another to try and replace someone with as much scientific knowledge as the lead scientist.
"Not that I'm questioning your leadership Red leader, I promise I'm not, but I don't think anyone else here is qualified to do something like that right now," The lead scientist pouted.
"Eh, I'll just give Paul a wrench and tell him to go to town on it," Tord chuckled.
"Heh, good one sir," The medic chuckled, trying to lighten the mood a little. Red leader shot him a glare, and he immediately backed down.
"So medic, how long until this heals?" Tord growled.
"Oh uh, it's hard to tell right now, although a grade one sprain normally takes five to fourteen days to heal," The medic replied nervously.
"Great," Tord replied sarcastically. They pretty much just lost one of their most valuable assets for awhile. The medic handed the lead scientist what looked like a pair of crutches. She got off of the makeshift bed and adjusted the crutches to fit her. The medic and Red leader would've been lying if they had said they weren't slightly impressed with the lead scientist's quick adjustment to the crutches. She gave a weak salute, which Red leader excused for obvious reasons, and then left the infirmary surprisingly quick. The medic sat back down in his chair, pretending to be productive when in reality he was absently sketching on a sticky note. He felt a pair of eyes staring holes into the back of his head, why was Red leader still here? The medic casually turned around in his chair.
"Um... Is there something you need sir?" The medic stuttered. He had always been scared of his leader, and the whole accusation fiasco had just added to that fear. However, Jack wasn't around to save him this time.
"No, not necessarily," Tord mumbled. Tord didn't want to admit it, but the real reason he was sticking around? He needed someone to talk to. He hated showing any signs of emotion in front of his soldiers, so normally when his emotions caught up to him, he'd discuss them with Paul and Patryck, but he couldn't find them. He had checked the mess hall, the entrance, the barracks, they were nowhere to be found. Tord really wanted- no, he NEEDED to talk to someone. After everything he had been through, talking was the only thing that ever kept him sane... If he could even be considered that anymore. The medic seemed trustworthy though, in fact he was probably the only one at red base who hadn't done some horrific act to get into the red army, he simply just joined after the researcher gave him the opportunity. Plus, Tord could always scare him into keeping his mouth shut.
"Are you alright sir?" The medic asked, noticing that his leader had gone completely silent.
"I am fine, medic, I am going to rant, you are going to listen, and if I end up revealing something, I want you to make no mention of it to anyone, in fact don't tell anyone this ever happened, got it?" Tord bluntly stated.
"Yes sir?" The medic saluted, but was a little confused. Where had that come from? Well, guess he was listening to his leader rant for now. Red leader cleared his throat and began pacing.
"My plan for Tom is to torture him, ideally until he drops dead, but then what am I supposed to do after he's dead? Besides, I'll never be able to destroy him if I keep this up..." Tord trailed off. The medic's curiosity was admittedly piqued.
"If you don't mind me asking sir, keep what up?" The medic asked, his curiosity getting the better of him.
"This! This constant cycle! One second I'm ready to torture him until he begs for mercy, the next I'm saving him from certain doom and trying to calm him down! I just don't get it! Is it because I saw another side of him? The side of him that was actually a pretty cool person? Maybe he's always been like that... I was just too blind to see it? Ugh what is wrong with me?!" Tord growled. The medic could weirdly relate to Red leader's conflict. It was hard to come to terms with feeling one way about someone for years upon years, only to realize that maybe not all of your emotions were justifiable... The medic had recently started to understand that.
"Red leader sir, I hope I'm not over stepping my boundaries, but I get where you're coming from," The medic sighed. Red leader shot him an angry look, causing the medic to cower a bit. He sighed, he knew the medic was just trying to help, but the medic was an idiot, how could the medic possibly know how he feels?!
"Yeah, sure you do," Tord rolled his eyes, leaving to go visit Tom again. The medic trudged back to his chair, sitting and staring down at his small sketch of the ripper.

Well that took awhile. There were quite a few complications with this chapter, so I'm not even going to start. I'd rather not rant... No pun intended. Oh and guess what? FAN ART!

Adorable David drawn by the amazing DoesHamilton_IzGay seriously look at how well they drew the blonde cinnamon roll!

My good bean friend I_Lik_Nutella drew a David as well! Along with a Jack! :D

Finally we have a recreation of the "Oh my~" chapter of the Ask Jack and David book made by DragonStarStudios I'll probably add it to an ask chapter as well when I get to it

Finally we have a recreation of the "Oh my~" chapter of the Ask Jack and David book made by DragonStarStudios I'll probably add it to an ask chapter as well when I get to it. Also, thank you all for  sixty thousand reads! How the heck?! I'm so happy that I could get the chance to write something that pleases so many people, thank you all for reading!