A Little Too Perfect

Tom had fallen asleep on the concrete floor of his cell shortly after the ripper had left. He heard the basement door creak open, but he refused to acknowledge it. He was honestly just tired, and he didn't have the energy to put up with anymore annoying interruptions from anymore equally annoying soldiers. He rolled over so that he was facing away from the bars, silently hoping they would just leave him alone. He heard a click and noticed that whoever was there with him was shining a flashlight into his cell.
"Looks like someone upgraded from candles," Tom teased, still not rolling back over.
"Tom!" A familiar voice squealed. No... Was that? Tom immediately got up and whipped his head around to see Edd and Matt dressed in red army uniforms and wearing... Makeup? He also noticed that it was almost like they had switched hairstyles, but kept their hair colors.
"Holy pug in a pizza box! You guys actually found me!" Tom gasped.
"Oh, that Tim," Matt chuckled. Seeing Tom actually brought back a few of his memories.
"Yeah, good to see you too Matt," Tom replied sarcastically. He looked over at Edd to see he had tears welling up in his eyes.
"Tom I am so glad you're okay!" Edd cried. Tom was about to say something along the lines of "same here" but he was a bit confused.
"Wait, how did you manage to find me? And how did you sneak past all of Tord's soldiers wearing those, no offence, crappy disguises," Tom asked. Matt had an offended look on his face.
"They aren't crappy! I payed good money for these outfits!" Matt pouted.
"Tom, we don't have time! We can explain later!" Edd whispered harshly, drying his tears.
"Alright, now get me out of here!" Tom nodded. Edd and Matt stared at the door of his cell. Matt shined the flashlight around the basement as if looking for something.
"I told you we'd need them!" Edd sighed.
"Well I- ugh, sorry Edd," Matt frowned.
"What? Wait... Please tell me you two got the keys," Tom groaned. Edd and Matt shared an awkward look before looking back towards Tom and shrugging.
"I thought it would be like one of those movies where they have the little hook outside the cell that holds the keys, guess I was wrong?" Matt chuckled. Tom slammed his head into the bars in front of him, and then glared at Edd.
"Hey! Don't look at me!" Edd held his hands up in a defensive gesture.
"Great, this is just great!" Tom scowled.
"Don't be like that! We would've rescued you awhile ago, but you didn't want to be rescued!" Matt crossed his arms angrily.
"What?" This was news to Tom. Edd had a worried look on his face.
"You don't remember?" Edd asked. Tom shook his head slowly. Tord wasn't bluffing... He really was missing a huge chunk of his memories, but what could he have possibly forgotten? It must have been something pretty big if it had made him want to stay here with Tord.
"Hm, well that sucks," Matt shrugged. Edd nudged Matt with his elbow in a playful gesture, in which Matt simply responded by playfully sticking out his tongue. That was a little odd, they seemed friendlier than normal. Whatever, this was hardly the time to analyze his friends.
"Look, just try to find the keys," Tom sighed.
"Do you have any idea where they are?" Edd asked. Tom suddenly realized something. Multiple soldiers had walked into his cell before, all using similar keys... Did each soldier have access to the cells? Or was it just a select few? Two people he definitely knew had keys, were Tord and that one nurse dude, well no, Tom figured he was probably considered Tord's medic. He thought there were some on the shelf behind Edd and Matt, but Tord must've taken those as well.
"You'll probably have to steal them from someone," Tom finally replied.
"Who?" Edd asked again.
"As far as I know, you have two for sure options, there's Tord-"
"Nope!" Edd quickly rejected Tom's suggestion.
"Your second option is the medic," Tom began.
"The medic?" Matt chimed in.
"He came down earlier to check on me and was fully prepared to come into my cell and do an examination, he normally hangs out in the infirmary for obvious reasons, he's super short, blonde, green eyes, covered in freckles, you can't miss him, he also has a stethoscope around his neck," Tom explained.
"Oh you mean David!" Matt grinned. Tom and Edd stared at him for awhile.
"David?" Edd asked. Matt grew nervous, he forgot that he hadn't told Edd about David, he was worried that Edd would call him insane for helping one of Tord's soldiers. Matt decided to "play" stupid.
"Wait we're not talking about David?"
"Matt who the heck is David?" Edd was incredibly confused.
"Who?" Matt asked.
"David," Tom replied.
"Who's that?" Matt tilted his head slightly for an added effect.
"Nevermind, just wait for a little bit longer Tom," Edd rolled his eyes.
"Just try not to get caught, by the way, the moment you manage to bust me out of here, you have got to tell me what it is I'm forgetting," Tom sighed.
"We will!" Edd grinned. Edd and Matt snuck back up the stairs, quietly closing the door behind them.
"So I guess we have to find our way to the infirmary?" Matt said, however it sounded more like a question rather than a statement.
"I guess so," Edd shrugged.
"We could ask someone where it is," Matt suggested.
"They'd get suspicious if we did that! All of the soldiers here should know where the infirmary is already, we'd just seem way too out of place if we asked something like that," Edd shook his head. Edd and Matt stood in the middle of the hall, contemplating their choices. Before they could react, someone came running down the hall, running into them and falling onto the floor.
"Ow!" They shouted. Edd and Matt got up and quickly realized what they had done. There was a woman on the floor, curled up and holding her ankle, the strange scientific goggles on top of her head askew. They helped her up, letting her lean on Edd since he was the same height as her.
"We are so sorry!" Edd apologized.
"It's fine, I should've been watching where I was going," The woman whined.
"Are you alright?" Matt asked.
"I'm fine! Ow! Okay no, I think there's something wrong with my ankle," The woman sighed, trying to move it.
"You might have twisted it," Edd frowned.
"At least my job doesn't require too much movement... Most of the time, I'm the lead scientist by the way, you probably don't know me since I'm always down in the lab," The woman shrugged while wincing slightly at the pain in her ankle.
"We're just ordinary soldiers," Edd lied. Matt winked at him for coming up with a lie so quickly.
"Um... Would you mind helping me to the infirmary?" The woman they now knew as the lead scientist asked.
"Of course, although uh..." Matt stuttered.
"Oh, you don't know where it is do you? That's fine, I didn't know until recently either since I don't leave the lab much, I guess I'm not the only one who doesn't explore much, it's fine, just let me use you two as makeshift crutches and I'll guide you as you go," The lead scientist giggled. This was almost too perfect.

SUUUUUMMMMEEEEERRR! Yeah! I is pumped to spend my entire summer on the internet :D! Lol, anyways, I'm already making the most of it by sleeping and writing fan fiction because I am a lazy nugget... A WILD FAN ART ATTACKED!

IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE! This recreation of a scene from the last chapter was created by peridothomeworldgem and I love this so much, seriously, fantastic job! I really hope the screenshot doesn't decrease the quality

IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE! This recreation of a scene from the last chapter was created by peridothomeworldgem and I love this so much, seriously, fantastic job! I really hope the screenshot doesn't decrease the quality... BUT WAIT, THE FAN ART CALLED FOR HELP!

IT'S HELP SHOWED UP! CRITICAL HIT! Lol sorry, anyways, this adorable picture of David the medic was created by Kiki_The_Muffin and it is SOOOOO adorable! They did a great job as well! It is so coot! Thank you to them! This book has come so far, and it has allowed me to express myself and meet some spectacular people that I think are genuinely awesome, thank you all for reading!