Feeling Blue

Tord sat at his desk, aggressively tapping his fingers against the wooden surface of it. He felt useless just sitting there, but he just didn't have the courage to move. He had sent Paul and Patryck to find out whether Tom had been recovered or not, and now he was stuck just waiting. His own thoughts were interuppted by the slow creaking noise that was his office door.
"Did you find him?!" Tord immediately asked, practically jumping out of his chair. Paul and Patryck walked in with discouraged looks on their faces... Tord felt his thought to be non-existent heart drop.
"Sorry sir... We didn't, not in time at least... According to various reports he was seen running out of the base with two other men," Patryck sighed. Tord clenched his fists, partially out of anger and partially out of sadness.
"Who was guarding the entrance?" Tord asked, his voice quivering slightly.
"One of our foot soldiers and the ripper," Paul replied. Huh... It made sense for one of their foot soldiers to make a mistake, they weren't too competent, but the ripper was known to be precise in everything he did.
"Sir... There was almost a casualty as well," Patryck added. What? A casualty?
"How?" Tord asked.
"Well we asked the ripper about what happened, according to him the seamstress saw the commotion and ran after the escaped prisoner in an attempt to catch him, unfortunately she was unaware of the soldier taking aim at said prisoner, and she got caught in the cross fire," Paul explained.
"Is she dead?" Tord asked.
"No, like we said, almost, she was fortunate and has been mostly healed according to the meat shield, she is unconscious however," Paul added.
"Wait... Did that idiot use all of our pain medication on something as replaceable as a seamstress?!" Tord growled, letting his previous anger fuel him for a bit.
"He said she passed out due to blood loss sir," Patryck shrugged. Tord was almost certain that was a lie, but he didn't even care at this point, he had bigger things to worry about.
"Was anyone able to identify either of the men that left with Tom?" Tord scowled. Both Paul and Patryck decided to keep quiet about Tord referring to Tom by his name rather than 'the prisoner' like everyone else.
"Unfortunately, no sir, both men are currently unidentified," Paul mumbled. No... It couldn't be... The first thing that popped into Tord's mind was that the two men might have been Edd and Matt, but that was impossible. They weren't nearly smart enough to pull off something like this... Well no, Edd had his moments, but Matt? No chance whatsoever.
"Sir... Tord... We did manage to find one trace of Tom," Patryck shrugged as he held up Tom's hoodie.
"We found it in the hall by the basement, by the way, it smells terrible," Paul chuckled. Tord walked over to them and grabbed the hoodie, staring at it and frowning.
"Sir, would you like us to go out looking for him? I'm sure we could find him if we tried," Patryck suggested. Then what? If they did manage to track Tom down and recapture him... What would Tord even do? He had long since lost any desire he had to torture him, so what was even the point?
"No... Don't, right now we need to try recovering from all of this, go check in with the researcher, she's always been able to put clues together, see what she thinks about all of this," Tord sighed.
"Yes sir!" Patryck saluted, Paul following along. They left Tord to his thoughts. For whatever reason he couldn't help but stare at the hoodie once worn by his believed to be sworn enemy. Tord couldn't believe what a joke he had become. Once he had to hold himself back from destroying Tom and everything he held dear, now Tord had to muster up every bit of anger he had just to dislike the guy. Tord just couldn't understand it. He was a master of betrayal, he had tricked Edd, Matt, and Tom into allowing him to live among them for years upon years, even when he came back everyone accepted him with open arms... Well no, Matt had forgotten him and Tom just wanted him gone, but they still let him stick around. Even as Tord was blowing up their house and inadvertently killing one of their neighbors, they couldn't believe that it was "their" Tord doing it. To do something like that... Tord felt no emotions, nothing but hatred and bloodlust... Yet here he was... Silently missing the very same man who had nearly ended his reign of terror. What kind of pathetic leader was he? Tord couldn't stop staring at the hoodie. Ever since that horrible day, Tord's mind had set itself to hate the color blue. Normally he'd see the color and feel the irritation a person being assaulted by a mosquito would feel... Now he felt... Sadness? Is that what it was? He wasn't entirely sure. It was a feeling of emptiness. Maybe it wasn't the color but the hoodie itself? No, that made no sense at all. He held the hoodie close to his chest silently hating himself.
"Sir?" A voice asked. Tord jumped and threw the hoodie across the room, casually leaning against his desk.
"Sup?" Tord greeted. The lead scientist giggled, pushing her way through the door.
"Sir, not to be rude or anything, but were you just bonding with a hoodie?" The lead scientist grinned.
"I uh... Nevermind that, what are you doing? Shouldn't you be sitting down? How did you even get in here with no assistance?" Tord tried to sound intimidating, but was still incredibly embarassed.
"I should, but I like to think of the medic's diagnosis as a suggestion, I don't have to do everything he says, you should know about that sir," The lead scientist chuckled. The lead scientist was always one of his soldiers that was way too friendly, and friendly didn't win wars.
"Still, how did you manage to get in here with just a pair of crutches?" Tord asked.
"I had a lot of practice in highschool," The lead scientist shrugged.
"Why are you even here?" Tord rolled his good eye.
"Well I heard the announcement from earlier, but there wasn't much I could do about it... Could you fill me in on what's going on sir?" The lead scientist asked.
"Ask someone else," Tord groaned.
"Everyone else is busy sir, surprisingly you're the only one who isn't," The lead scientist pouted, using puppy dog eyes.
"If I tell you will you go away?" Tord growled.
"Mm-hm!" The lead scientist nodded.
"Fine," Tord gave up.
"Yay! Thank you sir!" The lead scientist tried to salute but nearly fell, catching herself on her crutches.
"Ugh," Tord sneered.
"Whoops! Sorry!" The lead scientist giggled. This was going to be a long, annoying day.

Chapter update x3 comboooooo! Hopefully this makes up for that annoying hiatus, oh and look on the horizon! Fan art!

Sad yet oddly adorable baby Tom created by ever00567 they made another cute fan art in a previous chapter, and I absolutely adore it!

Okay so... This is gonna make me seem like a really horrible person, which I probably am, but I forgot who made me this fan art!!!!! I've searched all throughout wattpad looking for the creator of this specific fan art, I love this so much and I know I probably already thanked the person for creating it, but I feel like such a bad person! I can't give them the proper credit they are due! This is so good and I feel terrible, so to the creator of it, if they see it, I am so sorry and just know I thank you from the bottom of my hopefully existent heart. Also, if you are reading this and feel like you missed something, you might have! I've posted three chapters in a row today, it starts with "The Blame Game" and ends with this chapter, so sorry if you got confused by these updates! (Btw my notifs are completely broken so if you try contacting me I'm sorry if you get a late response or no response at all) Thank you all for reading!