Inner Conflict

Tord stretched as he woke up, huh, he didn't even remember ever falling asleep. He tried standing up, but something pulled him back down. He looked down to his left and saw Tom, asleep and clinging onto his leg.
"Ugh, seriously?" Tord growled. He tried shaking Tom off of him, but was unsuccessful due to Tom's iron grip. Tord eventually resorted to just dragging Tom along with him towards the window. Tord managed to pull himself up just enough to see through it. It wasn't raining nearly as hard as it was yesterday, but from what he could tell, it was still drizzling. Thank goodness, they might be able to make a run for base... Well, after Tord woke Tom up of course. Tord poked Tom's face as a first attempt, but got nothing in response. Tord, being the genius he is, decided to start viciously shaking his leg in an attempt to shake him off.
"Ow!" Tom squealed, hitting his head on the concrete.
"Whoops," Tord chuckled.
"Mister Tord! That was mean!" Tom released Tord and began rubbing the back of his head. "Oh god, I didn't mess up your stitches did I?!" Tord panicked.
"I don't think so?" Tom replied, however it sounded more like a question than an actual response.
"Let me see," Tord sighed.
"Okay," Tom turned around so that Tord could see the old wound. Tord was relieved to see that the stitches were completely unaffected.
"Thank goodness, I completely forgot those were even there!" Tord admitted. Tord didn't want Tom to get hurt yet, once they reversed that stupid potion however, Tord was going to torture Tom for the rest of his life, might as well save the fun for later.
"Mister Tord? Are you alright?" Tom asked.
"What? Yes, I'm fine,"
"If you say so... wait... Why did you wake me up?"
"It's not raining as much as it was yesterday, I think we can get to base as long as we're quick,"
"Oh... alright," Tom sighed.
"What's wrong?" Tord asked.
"Nothing just... is the storm coming back?" Tom whispered.
"Probably," Tord shrugged. Clearly that wasn't what Tom wanted to hear. He began shaking uncontrollably, and it was obvious that he was trying to hold back tears.
"Does that mean the thunder is coming back?" Tom stuttered.
"Well duh," Tord chuckled. Tom couldn't hold it in anymore, Tord had never seen so many tears in his life. Rather than do anything, Tord stood still with his arms crossed. Tord was well aware that he had been getting too close to Tom, it just wasn't healthy. Yesterday was especially an eye opener for him, he had to distance himself from Tom more often.
"Why would you say that Mister Tord? It's gonna get me! The thunder's gonna get me! It's gonna get me and then I'll never see Mister Tord again!" Tom cried out in between sobs. Tord felt a sharp sting in his heart, ugh, he shouldn't be letting Tom's words get to him like this, even though he felt horrible, he managed to keep a straight face.
"Come on Thomas, we don't have all day, we need to get back to base," Tord said in a sharp, cold tone. Tord refused to spoil Tom anymore, if he wanted to run away, that was his problem, Tord could easily prevent him from escaping.
"Thomas? Oh no, you're calling me that again?! Mister Tord I'm so sorry for whatever I did! Just please don't make me go out there! I don't want the thunder to take me away from you... I don't want anything to take me away from you!" Tom had given up on standing and was now sprawled out on the ground, a small puddle of tears forming around him. Tord's mind told him to stand his ground, but his heart? Practically broken at this point. Tord ran over to Tom and hugged him, tears running down his face as well.
"It's okay Tom, it's okay, you're alright, I'm so sorry," Tord whispered, he began patting Tom's back in an attempt to comfort him. Tom began hugging him and sobbing into his hoodie. Well this was an all too familiar sight, Tord couldn't believe he had let himself do this again, however, some concealed part of him didn't care.
"Mister Tord... Why did you say such mean things?" Tom asked, still sniffling.
"I'm so sorry Tom, I didn't mean to upset you," Tord sighed. Oh my god what was he doing right now?!
"Mister Tord? Do we still have to leave?"
"I'm afraid so Tom,"
"But-"
"Sh, it's alright Tom, no matter what happens out there, I'll protect you okay?" Tord smiled. Why couldn't he stop himself?! He normally hated children! Not to mention this was Tom!
"Okay, as long as you're with me Mister Tord!" Tom grinned up at Tord, his face still stained with tears. Tord took another look outside, the rain had started coming down harder, but it still seemed manageable. Tord looked back at Tom, who still seemed scared. Tord sighed and held out his arms.
"Tom? Do you want me to carry you?" He asked.
"You'd do that Mister Tord?!" Tom gasped. Tord was about to say no, but he figured he was in too deep already.
"Sure, why not?" Tord sighed.
"Yay! Thank you Mister Tord!" Tom jumped into Tord's arms, nearly knocking him over. Tord began walking towards the door, when something distracted him.
"One second Tom," Tord put Tom down and walked towards the corner of the room.
"What is it Mister Tord?" Tom asked.
"Just as I thought..." Tord chuckled. He bent over and picked up the object that had gotten his attention.
"Hm?" Tom was curious. Tord turned around to reveal a small, ragged looking stuffed bear in his hands. It was brown with spiked hair and a single line across it's face.
"Do you remember this at least?" Tord grinned.
"Tomee bear!" Tom squealed. He snatched the bear from Tord's hands, practically crushing the poor thing in an embrace.
"I never understood why you had such a connection with that raggedy thing," Tord sighed.
"Hey! Tomee bear isn't raggedy! He's loved!" Tom pouted.
"Yeah, whatever, just come here," Tord held his arms out once more. Tom, once again, happily jumped into his arms, Tomee bear clutched to his chest.
"Let's go!" Tom giggled, feeling much better with Tord and Tomee bear with him. Tord nodded and practically kicked down the door. He held Tom so that he was pretty much being cradled. Tord leaned over him so that he wouldn't get wet.
"Ugh, why do I do these things for you?" Tord muttered to himself. Unfortunately for him, Tom had actually heard him.
"Why? Well duh! It's because you're the best in the whole wide world! Tomee bear thinks so as well!" Tom laughed. He held Tomee bear's head and forced him to nod. He then made Tomee bear kiss Tord on the cheek.
"Tomee bear! You can't do that! Mister Tord is my best friend!" Tom grinned as he messed around. Tord simply rolled his eye and continued running towards the base. Finally they got to the front door, but the keypad they normally used to type in the password was powered down. Tord growled and shifted Tom so that he was only being held up by one arm. His robot arm was currently occupied with banging on the door in front of them.
"PAUL! PATRYCK! IF EITHER OF YOU CAN HEAR ME, OPEN THE FU- OPEN THE DOOR!" Tord practically screamed. The door opened to reveal a very concerned looking medic.
"Oh! Red Leader sir! My apologies! Come right in!" The medic moved aside, letting his leader in. Tord sat Tom down, stretching his non-robotic arm to relieve some of the stress he had put on it. Tord suddenly remembered what Tom had told him the previous night, he had told him about Edd and Matt nearly taking him back on Paul and Patryck's watch. Tord turned towards the medic with a look that could probably kill an entire village.
"Where are Paul and Patryck?" He asked, barring his teeth.

Tired... so... so... so... tired. Sorry, I haven't gotten a good night's sleep in awhile, so I'm a little out of it right now, whoops? Anyways, this book has Eighteen thousand reads, which is absolutely insane! Like... how? Anyways, like I said, it might be awhile before I transition back to Edd and Matt since their side of the story is giving me major writer's block, but I'm sure you guys, gals, and others don't mind... right? Also, sorry for any huge mistakes, my Wattpad crashed at least fourteen times, I was counting. Once again, I appreciate all of you, you are all amazing humans, nekos, and Semi-humans (you know who you are) and you should all remember that! Thank you all for reading!