| thirteen |

Mateo is pronounced like Mah-TAY-oh. He looks like a baby in that pic, so imagine him a little bit older than that. But yeah that's what I imagined he'd look like :)

Sorry there's no smut in this chapter lmao! it's Ramadan y'all! but since I'm not fasting, the next one will probably have smut ;)

Please excuse any errors! Also, There's some questions at the end I'd like you to answer!

Enjoy xx

≫≫≫

I pretend I'm not hurt

I walk about the world like I'm havin' fun

≫≫≫

   "But he doesn't seem like a friend."

Adriana pulled her gaze away from the tea she was preparing, looking down at Mateo with a frown.

"Why do you say that?"

"Because you were kissing him."

"Mateo," Adriana muttered in response with flushed cheeks, wishing Harry hadn't randomly shown up. Her son had never seen her with men before. She had never brought any men to her home; it was another one of her rules.

"Friends don't kiss, Mamá," Mateo mumbled back, pulling his lips inwards with his light eyes glinting cheekily when his mother shot him a playful glare. "Is he a special friend?"

"You could say that," she smirked cheekily at him, making him frown.

"Like a boyfriend?" he questioned, almost making Adriana falter and almost spill the tea as she poured it into a mug. "Is he a nice boyfriend, Mamá? Is he nice to you?"

"Yes, baby he's very nice," Adriana chuckled at the bombardment of questions. "If you want, you can go talk to him and find out yourself."

Mateo was hesitant, biting the inside of his cheek as he immediately shook his head with wide eyes, making her chuckle quietly. She crouched down to reach his level, where she ruffled his soft hair playfully making him pout and frown.

"Harry is a very nice man, he won't bite," she told him. "Go talk to him now if you want to, because when I talk to him you have to go to your room, okay?"

"Okay, Mamá," he mumbled as he clutched his Simba toy to his chest.

Mateo sauntered out of the kitchen, heading to the living room where Harry was sitting, pondering quietly over what he had just seen. He was still in slight shock. He knew Adriana was hiding her personal life from him; it was evident every time he'd talk to her after sex about how his parents give him a hard time and just general things that go on in his life. But whenever he'd try and ask her about her life, she'd shut him down, sometimes gently and sometimes very bluntly. From what he could tell, he just assumed that she only had problems with money and drugs. Nothing else. But, he was partially wrong because she had an actual son. Taking care and providing for him was another one of her problems.