| thirty four |

apologies in advance for this new chapter :')

I hope I get a good response (as in more comments than usual) for this chapter because I'm quite proud of it and I've been waiting to write it since like I started this book. Pls don't disappoint I'm soft and sensitive lol.

Happy reading and pls excuse errors xx

≫≫≫

Now tell me: how did all my dreams turn to nightmares

How did I lose it when I was right there?

≫≫≫

   "Hello Donnie

"Hello Donnie."

   "Hey, Boss," Donnie answered with wide eyes, sitting up straight in his sofa and calming his heart. "What's up?"

   "I just wanted to thank you for getting the money back on time, especially that extra 1000 dollars, plus more," the Black Mamba spoke coolly into the phone, ring-clad fingers grabbing his glass of whiskey and taking a sip right after. "The others are gonna have their heads on a plate for taking so fucking long."

   "Gotta follow the deadlines before heads start rolling," Donnie chuckled nervously.

   "Anyways, how'd you get that extra money? You were only supposed to get a thousand," the Black Mamba asked in interest.

   "Oh the woman somehow had money for cocaine too after she paid me back the 1000," Donnie said with a shrug.

   "Was it that Charlotte Jones girl again? I remember her giving you trouble last year."

   "Oh no, it's a different one. Adriana Decoux, she's been a customer of mine for a while now," Donnie explained, while the Black Mamba suddenly sat up once he heard this new information. "She's got a kid and everything so I never could really force her or anything-"

   "I've got to go, Donnie," the Black Mamba interrupted him, standing up from his seat. "I'll talk to you soon."

   "Sure, Boss," Donnie nodded, sighing inwardly in relief because the conversation was ending.

   "Oh one more thing." Donnie heard his boss say quickly before Donnie was about to hang up.

   "Yes, Boss?"

   "Send me her address."

∙❧∙

Weeks later

   The dinner with Harry's parents had casted a dark, heavy cloud of tension over Harry and Adriana's heads. Adriana never realized that Harry would be this upset about what had happened, and she silently wondered to herself why he was so taken back by his parent's reaction because it was obvious they were going to react this way. The whole thing had put Harry in a sour, bitter mood for the week, and it worried Adriana. She tried to understand why he thought their opinion was important when they were such horrible people who never supported any of his relationships. But it was hard.