| thirty eight |

YALL I can't even begin to explain how long it took to write this chapter and just get back into writing in general. When you stop for like two weeks, ITS HARD TO GET INTO IT AGAIN!

Anyways it's finally here and it's pretty long and sad! Please excuse any errors!

[WARNING: light description of rape]

≫≫≫

This is how it ends

I feel the chemicals burn in my bloodstream

≫≫≫

               "I think you should break up with Harry

   "I think you should break up with Harry."

  The silence was almost deafening if not for the sound of Adriana's erratic heart beating in her chest, resonating in her ears. Her lips parted to protest against the idea suggested by Donnie. But nothing came out of her mouth, because she knew that that was the best thing to do. How else was Harry going to stay away from her? She knew if she didn't break up with him, he'd eventually approach her for an explanation. Plus she knew he would never just stop talking to her like that since he cared and loved her so much, he'd be concerned about her. Adriana really couldn't see any other option, so she nodded slowly in agreement

   "You just have to really convince him that you want nothing to do with him anymore," Donnie continued to speak. "Does he know Dean's Mateo's father?"

   "No," she murmured quietly, still unable to believe that this was actually happening. "He doesn't know much about Dean, because I couldn't bring myself to tell him about the horrible things Dean had done to me."

   "So what does he know about Dean?" Donnie frowned.

   "Just that he's a dick," Adriana muttered. "I guess it's easier to lie since he doesn't know much about my past with Dean."

   "You never told him about your past? Wasn't he your boyfriend-"

   "It was too hard to okay?" Adriana snapped harshly all of a sudden, dark eyes narrowed at him. "You haven't slightest idea of what happened to me in the past. I'm surprised I'm even alive today after everything I've endured, and I honestly only have Mateo to thank for that. Otherwise, I'd be dead right now."

   "Alright, I'm sorry," Donnie said slowly, eyes slightly wide at her sudden outburst. "I'm sorry."

  Adriana didn't say anything in response, and instead averted her gaze to the ground. Donnie decided to continue giving suggestions and tips, and Adriana listened quietly. But it was all making her heart break and she couldn't focus half of the time on what Donnie was saying.