| twenty two |

I AM SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE! I just got so caught up with Heavy Crown, my other book!

I hope you enjoy this chapter, it's sort of a filler and not that gr8 but better ones are coming your way!

This chapter is unedited!!

SONG: Earned It by The Weeknd

≫≫≫

Shaking hands with the dark parts of my thoughts, no

You are all that I've got, no

≫≫≫

   "Can I sleep with you and Harry?"

   "Come here, baby."

  Mateo ran up to the bed, climbing onto the edge of it and crawling underneath the blanket. A smile grew on Harry's lips when his eyes landed on the outline of Mateo moving under the blanket; head popping out in the space between Harry and Adriana. Mateo grinned adorably at Harry, then turning to his mother and crawling into her open arms, cuddling against her chest. Adriana brushed her lips against Mateo's head lovingly, stroking his hair as Harry gazed at them with a smile on his face.

   "Buenas noches, mi luna," Mateo murmured to his mother, voice muffled by the skin of her neck where his face was nestled into. "Te amo."

   "Te amo mucho, mi estrella," Adriana mumbled back, kissing his forehead.

   "Buenos noches, Harry," Mateo spoke up, realizing he didn't wish Harry goodnight.

  He briefly detached himself from his mother, shuffling a little towards Harry before cupping his left cheek with his tiny hand, and kissing the right one. The action made Adriana's heart tighten in her chest at the adorable action, somewhat speechless when Harry turned his head to face Mateo. He puckered his lips against the little boy's forehead, giving him a kiss and murmuring good night back. Mateo grinned at Harry, turned to crawl back into Adriana's arms, clutching her t-shirt. He fell asleep after a few minutes, snoring lightly, with his thumb stuck in his mouth.

   "He's so precious," Harry breathed quietly, making Adriana's gaze flick up to meet his, a light smile drawling on his lips. "He's got your eyes, and hair."

   "Yeah," Adriana murmured with a smile before it faltered when she started noticing the other features of Mateo that resembled his father. Mateo had his father's chin, and smile. She saw his father in Mateo so much whenever she looked at him.

   "You've raised him well," Harry told her quietly.

  Harry had admired Adriana a lot when it came to her being a mother to him. Despite the fact that she had a cocaine addiction, as far he knew, she managed to take care of Mateo and hide him from all the horrors of their lives. He deserved to live in a stable household. But Adriana was too selfish to let him go for her to focus on bettering herself, she had no one to take care of him for her and she certainly didn't want to give him to child protective services. It would break his heart to be away from his mother, and hers even more. She needed him to keep her sane.