| seventeen |

updating cuz I have nothing better to do other than watching Orange is the New Black

so babes one thing I want y'all to do for me is to really empathise with Adriana. LIKE REALLY PUT YOURSELF IN HER SHOES! Because one of the things I wanted to achieve with this novel is to see if people would actually understand the main female character.

because some people are far too up Harry's ass and defend him too much and feel pity for him more than the girl. That shit ain't cool with me.

UNEDITED

≫≫≫

In the night when she comes crawling

Dollar bills and tears keep falling down her face

≫≫≫

   "Adriana!"

"Adriana!"

  Harry called out loudly as soon as he stepped out of his car. Adriana, who was stood by the entrance of The Neon Demons club, started running towards him as soon as she heard him call her name. She felt her heart burst with relief at the sight of him, looking as if he had just rolled out of bed, dressed in a hoodie and sweatpants.

   "Harry!"

  Her dark eyes filled up with tears as he jogged towards her. He was caught off-guard when she crashed into him, throwing her arms around his shoulders and immediately breaking down into tears. Harry felt his heart fall quickly in his chest at the sound of her heavy, breathless sobs, lifting her and hugging her back tightly while she cried.

   "Baby, I'm here for you," he whispered to her ever so quietly, hand supporting the back of her head, stroking her hair while she buried her face into his neck.

  Harry felt the urge to cry too, finding it so hard to hear her sobbing with so much pain and fear in her tone. Every time he tried to pull away just a little bit to look at her, she clung to him, holding onto him even tighter as if she was afraid he would let her ago. As if she was afraid to leave the safety of his arms around her.

   "Love, you're hyperventilating," he murmured worriedly, this time firmly pulling away, but only enough to look at her.

  His heart almost shattered at the broken look on her face. Her mascara was running terribly, eyelashes clumped together from the tears that were endlessly flowing down her cheeks from her dark eyes. The tip of her nose was red and her cheeks were mottled, lips a dark pink from biting the flesh too many times. Harry caressed her cheeks and instructed her to breathe deeply, doing it himself so that she could follow him. Once she got her breathing rate back to normal, her crying lessened, eyes fluttering shut and a pained expression crossing her face when she thought about what just happened.