o n e

$ o n e $

Minho walked out first, but rather than speaking to Jongdae, he went up to the small stage at the front of the club's dance area and informed the customers that the bar was unexpectedly closing for the night. Some people were angry and some started complaining, but with the help of the security guards in the building, people were piled out of the Nightingale. The hostesses and other workers were given the night off and were allowed to leave the building. Jongae remained on his knees the entire time, waiting for one of his former brothers to come to him. People watched him with curiosity as they passed him. Minho simply continued to ignore him. He had no business with Minho and he knew that he wouldn't acknowledge him either.

As soon as all the guests left the club and the doors were locked from all access points, Minho went to get Baekhyun and Junmyeon. He didn't return from the back office, since he had no interest in hearing what Jongdae had to say. He knew that it was none of his business as well. They were the only two Pack members at the club that night, since they were the only two who worked there.

Baekhyun made his way out the back door that led to the club, his eyes widening in surprise and stopping in his tracks at the sight he saw. He was in absolute disbelief at what he saw. Before him was Jongdae--who they all thought to be dead--and he was accompanied by two women that he didn't know. The two were equally as shocked as the Pack's alpha was, but for different reasons. They never thought that Jongdae would seek help from another Pack, one that was considered the enemy. They didn't know the story of how the Coven and the Pack had once been brothers.

"Jongdae..." Baekhyun started slowly, taking one hesitant step towards him. Mariel was surprised once again when he seemed to know her boyfriend. "Soo said you were dead. He said you were killed by the Nightmares."

"Its a really long story, and I don't have the time to tell it." Jongdae replied with a sigh as he remembered that night, still keeping his hands in the air. He didn't just yet know how much Baekhyun trusted him, if he even trusted him at all. "Right now I need you to help me--"

The Pack's leader cut him off with a firm shake of his head. "I hope you understand that I can't help your pack. You know why."

Jongdae gave a nod of his head, not even a little bit resentful of Baekhyun's words. He knew that if things were the other way around, Yifan would also refuse to help them. He also felt guilty at the fact that he never told his brothers a proper goodbye. He never got to tell them that even though he was choosing to leave, he still loved them and hoped they would reunite one day. He and the others only packed their bags in secret and left Korea, the traitor's way. He was quick to offer a clarification. "I'm only here to ask you to do something, not for me, but for my Mariel." He gestured to one of the two women who stood in front of them. Neither of them knew what was going on between them. She was small and wispy, with tanned skin and long brown hair. The other was more pale and had straight black hair. "Watch over her until I come back." His words were practically begging.

"Where are you going?" Baekhyun wondered.

"Japan." Jongdae said with determination. "I'm going to save my brothers."

There was a long sigh that escaped from the Pack leader's lips. He thought about it carefully. It wasn't exactly a favor for Jongdae, and he had no reason not to protect them. There was hesitance in his voice when he finally accepted. "Fine. I'll watch over them. But this does not mean anything. I'm only doing this in the name of the friendship we used to have."

Jongdae nodded gratefully. Baekhyun nodded towards him in return, letting him know that it was okay for him to get back on his feet. Jongdae stood up with something of a struggle and both went for the gun on the floor slowly--Baekhyun and Jongdae. The Coven member stopped and allowed the Pack leader to grab it. Rather than keeping it, Baekhyun offered it back to him. Jongdae took it silently and lifted the hem of his jacket slightly, stuffing the gun in the waste band of his jeans. That was when Baekhyun caught a glimpse of the injuries which were hidden away beneath heavy bandaging. Baekhyun momentarily felt bad for him. He was clearly not yet fully recovered from his own injuries when he was already willing to go to Japan to help the others. Though he wouldn't say it, he thought that was admirable.

But he didn't dare ask if he was okay. His pride didn't allow it.

They were no longer exactly on speaking terms. Baekhyun beckoned the women over to him. Sky took Mariel's hand and tried to walk over to the Pack's alpha. Despite all the things she had been through, and the fact that she had lost her trust in the kindness of people, Sky trusted Baekhyun. Not because she thought he was a good person, but because Jongdae trusted him, and Mariel trusted Jongdae. Sky trusted Mariel enough to trust Baekhyun. "Come on. I'll take you to the house where I'm staying with my Pack. You'll be safe there." Baekhyun said.

Mariel refused with a shake of her head, and pulled her hand away from Sky. She gently pushed her towards Baekhyun, but she headed the opposite direction. She cut the distance between herself and Jongdae, wrapping her arms around his waist carefully. Barely touching him. It was a ghost of a touch that even then caused him some pain, and he winced very slightly. But he tried to play it off so that she wouldn't worry for him. "The last time I let him go somewhere by himself I almost lost him." She explained to her friend, hoping she would understand. Sky nodded her head in understanding.

But Jongdae wasn't so understanding. He wanted Mariel's safety more than anything. He gently pried her arms from around him, reassuring her with a smile. "Baby, I came back for you. This time won't be any different."

But she wasn't having it. "No, Jongdae." She said, her expression serious.

"I'm going with you too. Hani's with the Coven." Junmyeon spoke up. He had merely been a spectator the entire time, just watching everything. Now that he knew Jongdae was there and he had a plan to rescue them, he wanted to help. He turned to his alpha, hoping to persuade him, which he knew would be no easy feat. "If we go and help him then maybe we can get her back--"

"I said no, and I'm our pack's leader, so we won't fucking go." Baekhyun hissed through a clenched jaw. One thing that alphas hated more than anything was a subordinate disobeying them, especially when it was in front of others. They could see it as a sign of weakness.

Junmyeon said nothing for a moment, a thought present in his mind. He seemed to be debating with himself, whether to put that thought out there for everyone to hear. When he finally decided, he steeled himself with bravery and said. "You challenged Soo when you thought he wasn't being a good alpha, when you thought he wasn't doing the right thing." He pointed out, and Baekhyun immediately knew where his words were headed. "I don't agree with the way you're running our pack. I think its time for me to take back my seat. Baekhyun..." He paused for a second before continuing. "I'm going to have to challenge you to an alpha battle."

-

chapter one and already there is an intense amount of drama. i was going to post another part for the q&a session. but i thought that i should probably update here first. next i will work on updating the q&a so please stay tuned for that.

thank you all so much for reading and supporting my stories. it means the entire world to me.

i hope you're all having a wonderful day.

-clary