f o r t y

$ f o r t y $

Shin followed after his wife when she stormed off and grabbed her by the arm to stop her. The signed checks in her hand fell and scattered all over the floor. But both of them were so invested in their argument that they didn't care at the moment. He turned her around to face him and saw the jealousy burning in her eyes. She had been all but happy to see him in his office with another woman, even if they were doing nothing wrong in his eyes. Still, he asked her a question that wasn't difficult to answer, but filled her with outrage when he asked it. 

"Why were you so rude to Kiri-chan?" He wondered, as though trying to play innocent. His use of the honorific title chan stung because it was normally used when speaking about a close female friend, a family member, or a lover.

"Are you really asking me this, Shin?" She shot back a question of her own. Hers filled with bitterness. Before he could say anything else, she continued. "That girl was practically sitting on your lap, and you wanted me to be nice to her?" A dry and sarcastic laugh escaped her lips. "You must be joking. I know you're still hurt, but I'm trying to make things better and you won't let me. So what is it that you really want? Tell me what you want me to do."

"We're just doing business with her family." He replied to her, frustrated. He had completely ignored her other question--about asking what he wanted her to do to make things better between them.

Mitsuki quickly shook her head, correcting him. "She wants another kind of business with you, Shin. Are you blind?"

"Why does it matter to you?" He asked, raising his voice at her slightly.

She was getting to frustrated with him that she was now frantically making hand signals as she spoke. "You," She gestured at him. "Are my husband." She pointed to her own self as she finished. "Okay. Breathe Mitsuki," She closed her eyes and sucked in a few deep breaths. At the rate her jealousy was escalating, she feared she might go into his office, grab Kiri, and throw her out onto the street. Her husband noticed this. Though he was much taller and stronger than her, he knew that a woman could be lethal when she was angry. He himself wasn't even sure why he was pushing his luck. "If you want your Kiri-chan so badly, then take her, okay? Let her call you senpai for all I care, if that's what you fucking want."

"But why do you care?" He insisted in knowing why she was reacting that way. Last he had known, he had let her go because she was still in love with Yifan. He reminded her, "You don't love me."

She rolled her eyes at him, arms crossed over her chest, seeing that he truly didn't understand anything. "Why do you think I came back? To watch some other woman shamelessly flirt with my man? It wasn't only because of my brother. It was because I realized that you were the best thing that ever happened to me and I threw you away. I told you to just be honest with me if you wanted me out of your life. Tell me you don't love me and I'll leave you alone."

He finally heaved a sigh. "I can't do that, Su."

She looked up at him with hope filled eyes.

"But you don't have to worry about Kiri." Her husband assured her. She raised an eyebrow at him with curiosity as he continued. "The Yakuza want her to marry your brother."

-

The other members of the Pack had been told about Minha, and Yunkyeom. The one who had been most happy to hear the news was Hani, who had been best friends with Minha. The other members were happy that she was alive and well, but were more excited to meet the baby. Baekhyun had informed them that he would try to bring the baby for them to meet in the next few days, after he could solve everything with Miran. 

Meanwhile, Hani had asked Minho to take her to his sister, and he was glad to. Before Hani and Junmyeon had gotten together, and before Minha and Baekhyun had gotten together, Minho had wanted for his sister and Junmyeon to date. They were the two people he loved and trusted most in the world. He thought that Junmyeon would have made a perfect husband for his sister. But the two never saw each other as more than friends and that dream had quickly died when each of them found someone else.

Hani rushed over to Minha's bed where she was resting and threw her arms around her, making the other wince in a slight pain. But she ignored that pain in her happiness at seeing her best friend again. Hani was exactly the same as she remembered her, except her hair was longer and cut in a different style. Minha also noticed how she appeared more frail and thinner. 

She didn't know about Hani's living with the Coven for the last several months or the capturing of the Coven by the Nightmares. But the two immediately began catching up on lost time. Minho had left them alone, and as soon as he was out of the room, Minha desperately asked for her friend's help. 

"I need you to do something really important for me." She begged, taking Hani's hand in hers.

Hani nodded in agreement before even knowing what it was about.

"Please talk to Light." Minha said, eyes glazed over with a sadness at the thought of losing her husband. She didn't want to accept the fact that their relationship was already lost. There was nothing more for her to do but to move on. "I told him I would sign the divorce papers if he brought them to me, but I just don't want to let him go. He's my husband, and I still love him like the first day."

The two of them had been the highest ranking women in the pack--Hani as the alpha through her marriage to Junmyeon, and Minha as the beta through her marriage to Baekhyun. Now there were other female members in their pack--Miran who was dating Baekhyun, Jiyeon who had recently married Jongin, and Darleen who was warming up to Sehun again. Their pack had expanded, as opposed to back then, when most of their members were young and didn't even have girlfriends. Junmyeon and Baekhyun had married at an early age. Because of that, Minha and Hani had practically grown up together.

She didn't have the heart to deny her friend that favor. But at the same time, she thought it was time for Minha to let him go. She said to her friend, "Minha, I don't think me talking to him will do any good. He's made his decision."

"But he's always looked to you and Suho oppa for guidance." She insisted.

Hani only gave a shake of her head. "Its not your fault things happened like this, but its not his fault either. You shouldn't hold him back if he's not happy."

"But I love him." Minha said in a small voice, her voice shaking.

"I know he'll always have fond memories of you in his heart, and he will take care of you whenever you may need him. I also know he will be the best father to Yunkyeom." Hani assured with a smile full of reassurance. "But forcing your love onto someone will not only make them unhappy, but it will make you unhappy too."

Minha knew her friend was right, but still burst into tears.

She had promised Baekhyun she would let him go, but deep in her heart it was the last thing sh ever wanted to do.

She loved him, and she clung to the hope that he might love her again.

-

another filler ish chapter. next chapter will be a special one for my darling Chocolateislife because she wants to see the dream team, and imma write them for her. i was thinking of separating them from yifan's pack like the others separated from jun's pack, but that's pending.

so now shinsuki sort of still sailing. a lot of you voted tinha, but now there will be a rival to beat for his love. well technically its an arranged marriage and neither love each other.

but minha will have some competition.

-clary