s i x t y t w o

$ s i x t y t w o $

He knocked on the door to his suite which he shared with Miran, shoulders slumped, and splatters of blood tinting his clothes as well as his face and hands. Miran opened the door with a smile, but it dropped when she drank in his appearance. She let out a gasp and quickly pulled him into the suite, closing the door behind him. The other security guards in the building hadn't even questioned what happened to him. They were used to the bosses coming back from an errand all bloodied. Their job was to protect the casino, not question their bosses.

"I did something horrible, baby." He said in a voice barely above a whisper. His words were so low that she hadn't even been able to catch them the first time around. His eyes were trained on the carpet floor beneath their feet. They were her parents after all, and even if he still thought they deserved it, he couldn't face her.

"What?" She asked, her hands cupping his face and she made him look at her.

"I did something horrible, baby." He repeated a bit louder, his hands shakily settling on her waist. When he was sure she heard him, he continued, "But...I don't regret anything. I had to do it." He gave a gentle shake of his head.

Miran was almost afraid to ask for details. "What did you do, Light?"

For a moment, the words were trapped in the back of his throat. He knew that she would be upset about it, and he wasn't sure if she would be mad at him. He averted his eyes again as he said to her, "I went to your house this morning. I pounded on the door and when they opened it,  I killed them." He didn't look her in the eyes, but he felt the way she tensed as the words left his mouth. "They needed to pay for everything they did to you and the only way was for them to die. But I have a surprise for you--"

"How could you?" She gasped, pulling her hands from his face. Now she took a step back away from him, horrified. The blood stains on his clothes were all the more painful now to her because Miran knew who that blood belonged to.

"Baby--" He took a step towards her, but she took another step back. "You need to listen to me. They hurt you and took you from me. They tried to kill our baby. I couldn't just let them live."

"They were my parents." She argued back. Of course they had been horrible to her, but as she mentioned, they were her parents after all. 

"But I have a surprise for you." He insisted. 

Baekhyun reached into his pocket for his phone and got it out. He dialed Sehun's phone number and said into the phone as soon as the maknae answered, "Bring them up here, Baram. Please."

Within a few minutes, there was a knock on their door. Baekhyun went to open it and they were met with Sehun. Two young girls were standing in front of him, both with tear soaked faces. One was Miran's sixteen year old sister Yoona, and the other was her youngest sister Mijin who was only ten years old. The moment they saw their older sister, they rushed to her side and threw their arms around her, crying into her shirt.

Still, Baekhyun couldn't say that he regretted it.

-

Mariel tried to let it go, but hard as she tried, she couldn't get it off her mind. There were many thoughts racing through her mind.

She wondered if Jongdae was probably rethinking their relationship. Maybe he had realized he didn't want her. When she couldn't contain herself any longer, she decided to confront him about it, but he avoided the topic, assuring her that nothing was wrong. But she could see that he was clearly hiding something from her. A part of her was terrified that he would find someone else and discard her, as she didn't feel she was worthy enough to be with him.