f o r t y s e v e n

$ f o r t y s e v e n $ 

Baekhyun left the room with a wide grin on his face and buttoning his shirt back up. He left Miran in bed resting and had gone to wash up quickly before meeting with his hyung, since he didn't want to make him wait that much longer. He went downstairs to the lobby of the casino and found Yixing giving some of the workers instructions. When he saw his friend approaching, he offered a friendly smile. "Hello Baekhyun-ah." He greeted in Korean and the younger pulled him in for a hug. For the Chinese gang members, it had been a bit easier to learn the Korean language. And since they mostly worked in Korea, the Korean members had never really tried to learn Mandarin. When the Coven moved to China, Minseok and Jongdae did learn the language because they were outnumbered in a foreign country.

If he was being honest, Baekhyun most liked getting hugs from Yixing when they were one gang of twelve members. It was because he was such an honest and caring person that his embraces seemed to reflect that as well. When Yixing hugged him, he couldn't help but feel happy.

"Yixing hyung." Baekhyun greeted back.

"Jeno told me you were busy." Yixing said innocently, unknowing what the boy of the younger coven meant when he explained it to him. Other than being honest and caring, Yixing was also very trusting and innocent when it came to those kinds of things. "Is everything okay? Do you need anything?"

Baekyhun coughed awkwardly before replying. "Yeah, I'm fine. I was just...spending time with my girlfriend. I hadn't seen her in days and I wanted to make sure she was okay." She was more than okay now, and so was he. But he wasn't going to tell his hyung that and he hoped that Yixing would take the hint. Normally, Baekhyun wasn't shy to talk about those things. If anything, he took some pride in discussing those things with his brothers, telling them how Miran would often tell him that she was too sore to get out of bed. But he hadn't really talked to Yixing in five years. He needed time to ease into being able to talk to him about private things like that.

The older of the two boys only nodded his head and walked further into the casino, gesturing for Baekhyun to follow. The two boys walked side by side and all over it appeared as though the place was being remodeled. 

As they passed several workers and closed off sections, finishing up their tour of the casino, Yixing explained, "Duizhang and Shieru are getting married soon, and he wants the wedding reception to be here, since this is where the family is." Shieru was the name he and the other boys called Ciel because it was the Asian pronunciation of her name. The boys who were unable to prnounce Ciel called her Shieru instead. When he said Korea was where the family was, he had been talking about Junmyeon and the boys of the Pack. They were Yifan's only family and he wanted them present at his wedding. "So he's having the whole place remodeled because he wants it to be perfect for her. I was thinking your job could be to manage our budget and spending, since we're rebuilding and don't want to spend much money. You managed the money before in the pack, right?"

Baekhyun gave a nod of his head, but replied crinkling up his nose nervously. Junmyeon had signed him up for online classes at a university so that he could study business management. They were criminals after all, but that didn't mean they had no education. "I must have not managed our money right, since Suho was able to piss it all away here at the casino. That's how all our problems started in the first place."

"Suho trusts you, and duizhang trusts anyone Suho trusts. So don't worry about it." Yixing assured, placing a hand on his shoulder.

-

On this night, Hella was patrolling with Silver. She was their newest recruit and had quickly gained the trust of not only the other members, but of Hella as well. They had become good friends and Silver was beginning to feel guilty about using them to get information. Hella and he gang were the most harmless out of all the gangs in Seoul and if truth be told, Silver thought it was pretty cool that they were a gang composed of all women. They thought they didn't need men to be successful. 

The two girls had been walking down the street when they heard a sound. I guess I'm glad you didn't die, played over and over in a loop. But neither of them could figure out where it was coming from.

But Hella knew exactly who it was. 

"Oh God." She stopped in her tracks and threw her head back, looking up to the heavens. He was always showing up when she least expected it. "He's back."

"Who's back?" Silver wondered, full of confusion. As the audio continued playing over and over, Silver's eyes narrowed in recognition. The voice in the recording sounded all too familiar to her. "Hella...isn't that...your voice?"

"It no one." Hella quickly said in response to her first question and continued walking, beckoning for Silver to follow her. "Lets just get out of here."

The sound seemed to be growing louder just like in horror movies until the sound was right next to her ear, followed by a whisper, "Hey kitten." He said with a smirk evident in his tone. The sound finally stopped, but before she could say anything back to him, Silver reacted quicker. Her police training at the academy had made her quick enough to stop any perpetrator within seconds.

Before neither of them could blink, the tall boy had been subdued and was on the floor with his face pressed against the concrete sidewalk. Hella had been taken by surprise because as far as she knew, Silver was knew to the world of organized crime and her second in command Areum was teaching her how to fight. There was no way that she might have learned that so quickly. She had used advanced techniques and was pinning Chanyeol down like he wasn't bigger and stronger than her.

"What the fuck?" Chanyeol hissed through a muffled voice. 

His hands were held securely behind his back and Silver had sat on top of him to keep him completely immobile. "Stop! Get off him. He's a friend of mine, he's totally harmless." Hella told Silver. A part of her actually feared that Silver might hurt Chanyeol.

Once more, Silver shot her a look of confusion. "Do you know who he is? He's part of the Wolves, the most notorious gang in Seoul."

"How do you know that?" Hella shot her a look.

"Everyone knows that." Silver replied.

From his place on the floor, Chanyeol pointed out easily. "She knows cause she's a cop, kitten. I can't believe you let someone fool you. I thought you were smarter than this."

Silver froze up. How did he know that?

"What?" Hella asked him in disbelief, looking from him to the girl pinning him down on the ground. The leader of the Panthers grabbed Silver by the arm and pulled her back on her feet. "Please leave us. I'll talk to you about this later." She said. Silver gave a nod and left the two alone, disappearing down the street. 

Chanyeol got back on his feet and dusted himself off.

"Why did you say she was a cop?" Hella demanded to know, raising an eyebrow at him in question.

"I've been arrested before." Chanyeol informed her with a nonchalant shrug of his shoulders, remembering a time when he and the others had been arrested. They had been able to narrowly escape thanks to Baekhyun and his quick thinking before they were sent off to jail. But he remembered being pinned down the exact same way as he was being handcuffed. "The cops have a specific way of pinning someone down. Some kind of technique that uses the other person's weight against them. She definitely knew that move and the only way she would know it is if she trained at a police academy."

-

another chella moment. krying bc their ship name is chella. in spanish, 'chela' is slang for beer. so their ship name is beer in spanish. haha. 

i've been trying to update a lot of my stories right now. but its hard because for some, ideas just rush into my head and i can write an update in a matter of minutes. but then in some i get stuck and end up pausing for hours, days, or even weeks.

anyway, thank you for reading. it means a lot to me.

-clary