t h i r t y n i n e

$ t h i r t y n i n e $

Miran waited until the police left, filing a report full of lies fed to them by her mother. But as much as Miran tried to tell them otherwise, she was ignored. Her things were unpacked. She had arrived at her parents' house just hours earlier and already she had decided she had made a big mistake by going back to them. She had always believed the best in people, and that everyone deserved a second chance. But her parents proved her wrong. 

She left her bedroom and was headed out the door with her things just as her father arrived, having been called by her mother. The two of them saw their daughter walking towards the door, which was covered in yellow police tape, and tried to walk past them. But her father's voice stopped her. "Where do you think you're going?" He asked her in an accusing tone. In his eyes, she was the one responsible for Baekhyun breaking into their home. He thought his daughter had brought him more problems ever since he had given her away in order to pay off a debt.

"I'm leaving." She informed them. There was a hint of annoyance in her words. "It was a mistake coming here. I left Light because of a problem between us. That didn't mean I wanted you to call the police on him."

"You don't know what you're saying, Miran." Mrs. Nam tried to convince her once more. "That boy is no good for you. You think you're in love with him, but its all in your head. How can you love someone who has raped, and abused you, and kept you by his side by force?" Her family had seen the way she was taken away, given to them by her own parents. But she didn't want to leave with the Pack at first. That was what they were using against her, making her think that she only liked Baekhyun because she was delusional. That it was all in her head and she needed help to think straight.

Miran shook her head once again, her blood boiling. "Just stop saying those horrible things." She demanded, shaking her head to force those thoughts out of her head. "Light isn't like that. He and his family took me in when you two threw me out like garbage. And you know what? He didn't rape me. Every time we were together, I was fully capable of making my own decisions and I wanted to do it too." She set her luggage on the floor and touched her stomach gently as she continued. "This baby is ours and I'm not going to let you tell people the baby's father is a rapist because he isn't. I'm leaving."

She picked her bags up once more and tried to walk past him, but this time her father physically stopped her, grabbing her by the arm. "I'm not going to let my daughter become a gang whore." He hissed at her.

Miran shot back, trying to wrench her arm out of his grip. "I'm not a gang whore. But in any case, you didn't seem to have a problem with it when you gave me away." 

"Your mother and I are taking you to Sunflower Fields for a mental evaluation right now." He threatened, his hold on her getting tighter. As much as she tried to fight, she couldn't get herself free. Miran knew about the mental institution well. Sunflower Fields was a mental hospital in the upper class area of Seoul. Her father had connections there, and she had no doubt that he would use them to get her institutionalized. 

"Let me go! I'm not crazy!" Miran shouted at them, full of frustration.

Her father had easily been able to subdue her and her mother went to call her father's contact at the mental hospital. They answered to her call within a few minutes, and the family was on their way to Sunflower Fields

-

Shin had been indifferent towards Mitsuki for days. He talked to the other members normally, but ignored her very existence. It made Mitsuki's heart ache to see him smile at others, when he used to smile for her too, and no he didn't anymore. Everything was seemingly back to normal at their house, except her husband no longer appeared to care about her. They no longer even slept in the same room. Shin had left her the master bedroom, and he had moved into a smaller room down the hall. Mitsuki still tried to talk to him and went about their daily lives.

In their pack, she was in charge of running their finances and keeping track of their money. It was how she had been able to assist Jongdae without getting caught. Neither her husband or her brother noticed that there was any money missing.

On the second week of his indifference towards her, she had gone into their offices in town, and had caught her husband talking with a young woman. Someone she recognized as a daughter to the Yakuza gang in Tokyo. They had been trying to make deals with Shin for a while, but neither Takuya nor Mitsuki trusted them. They had proposed a marriage between their daughter and Shin, but the leader of the Nightmares had informed them that he was already happily married. That had been months before.

The two of them were sitting at his desk, all smiles, when Mitsuki cleared her throat as she entered the room. "Wonho, Taku says he needs you to authorize some paychecks for our suppliers. You haven't done that yet and they need that money by tonight." She said, trying to keep her composure. But she couldn't help but think how jealous she sounded, especially as she glared daggers at the Yakuza girl who sat there in a skimpy red dress, practically sitting on her husband's lap.

"Excuse you. Who are you to be talking to him with such familiarity?" The girl asked Mitsuki, raising an eyebrow at her audacity.

Mitsuki replied to her quickly, words full of venom. "Excuse me? Escuse you. He is my husband, and I have called him more familiar things because I fucking can." Please get off his lap before I pull your nails out one by one, and shove them back into their sockets upside down, she almost wanted to say. But she kept to herself. She didn't want to make a scene and make enemies with the other most powerful gang in their country. 

Shin said nothing to her and gestured for her to bring the checks to him. He quickly signed them and handed them back to his wife with a sigh escaping his lips. "Mitsuki, I want you and Kiri to get along. Her family and I came to an agreement, and she's going to be working with us here in exchange of an alliance between our both gangs."

Mitsuki quickly shook her head, refusing to accept what he said. She could just tell from looking at her that the girl was trouble, and what was more obvious was that she was clearly after Mitsuki's husband. She wondered if her husband couldn't see that, or if he could and was just letting it happen as revenge. To make her feel what he had felt, knowing that she was still in love with Wu Yifan. "As your wife, I am the co-leader of this gang and both of us have to agree before we make an important decision like this one. Since you didn't consult me and  I don't agree, you can't do that. Permission denied." She told him.

With the signed checks in her hand, she stormed out of the room while her husband called after her.

-

a sort of filler chapter before i go out. my friend invited me to go to the gym with her, so im going. also, i think i have decided that the third and final installment is going to be called diamond. after that, i might make a few spin offs to keep this universe alive. 

because i have grown fond of it.

also, i might write another exo gang fic because it was a ton of fun writing this one. thank you all so much for your support. also, shinsuki ship seems to be sort of sailing again. lets see what happens next.

-clary