s i x t y s e v e n

$ s i x t y s e v e n $

Chanyeol's accusation towards Eunsoo took Yixing completely by surprise. His eyes widened and he was left speechless. He could not see where this was all coming from, and part of him told him that Chanyeol was probably mistaken. Eunsoo was innocent. She was just a young girl who tried to make a living for herself by performing at casinos and clubs in the area. There was no way in his mind he would ever think that she would be a cop.

"What makes you think so?" Yixing asked after a pause. Chanyeol hadn't wanted to speak yet, giving his hyung enough time to properly process the information. 

The taller of the two boys thought back to when Silver had knocked him down, and pinned him against the concrete, Hella shouting at the top of her lungs with concern for him, begging for her to let him go. In reality, the panthers' leader hadn't been nearly as distraught. His mind just remembered things in such a way because Chanyeol was convinced that Hella loved him. She would just never admit to it because of her pride. Her pack was all about feminism--women being able to do the same things men could. She didn't think they needed any men in their lives. Up until now, he had to admit, they were doing pretty well for themselves.

"Remember when we had just started our pack?" Chanyeol asked, Yixing didn't know where this was going, but he nodded his head in agreement. Of course he remembered starting out as a new pack. It had only been five years ago. When Chanyeol had his answer, he continued, "Remember that we got caught in the docs by a police team? They arrested us and threw us into an armored van." He paused again to gauge his hyung's reaction.

Yixing nodded again, this time putting his confusion into words. "Yes. But what's that got to do with Silver?"

"There was a specific way in which they pinned us down and handcuffed us." Chanyeol pointed out. Maybe Yixing didn't remember, but Chanyeol remembered well. The officer responsible for making the arrest was a woman with a small frame. He was surprised by her strength, but in his thoughts as he was being handcuffed he realized it was a technique they probably learned. That woman was smaller and lighter than him, but she used his own weight and strength against him. "I was out patrolling the other night and I ran into her. She pinned me down exactly the way those cops did."

There was a look of relief that flooded Yixing's face where there had once been uncertainty. He didn't want to believe that Eunsoo would be using him like that. Just to ultimately have him arrested and thrown in jail. 

"Geez dongsaeng, you had me worried for a moment." The older boy admitted. Just as Chanyeol opened his mouth to protest, Yixing stopped him. "That really doesn't mean anything. She could have learned that anywhere. If you don't have proof, please don't go around accusing people of things. In our world it can cause something as terrible as their death."

"Hyung please--" Chanyeol tried to reason with him.

But Yixing was back to his cheerful self, dismissing the member of the Pack politely. "Please excuse me, dongsaeng. I have a few phone calls to make before I can go out to lunch."

-

While Baekhyun was away with Chanyeol most of the afternoon, Miran texted him and asked him to bring in another bed for her sisters. She had initially thought of giving them their own room, but she didn't think it would be a good option for the time being. Yoonah had made an offer to Miran for the three of them to escape the casino, and Miran was concerned that she would try to run off with their younger sister. They had nowhere to go to and she worried that something would happen to them.

Baekhyun had Sehun and Jongin help him bring another bed into the room and he noticed the way Yoonah was looking at Sehun just a little too much. Sehun was completely oblivious, aching to get out of there so that he could spend some time with Darlene. 

Jongin, on the other hand, seemed to linger a bit longer, since he and Jiyeon had their first couples argument and they weren't sure how to make up.

As the day ended and the sun set over the horizon, Baekhyun gave a call to the pack's younger brothers--led by Taeyong--who had recently separated from the pack to create their own organization. Junmyeon had mentioned to his second in command that Taeyong was hoping to get little jobs in Pack and Coven territory to earn themselves some money to start buying weapons and supplies. Junmyeon told the young leader that he had no jobs for them at the moment, but Baekhyun was just now getting an idea.

Miran was scared that her sisters would run away, and Baekhyun didn't want to stay up all night watching them. He instead decided to call Taeyong to send two of his boys over to guard the door to his suite, making sure that the younger Nam sisters didn't try to escape.

They arrived at ten, Taeyong had sent his two youngest members of the pack--Jaehyun and Mark. Baekhyun greeted them in the lobby, immediately giving them instructions. "I need you to guard the door to my suite."

"What are we trying to keep out? If I may ask..." Jaehyun wondered, hoping to already know what they were looking out for.

The Pack's beta gave a shake of his head, correcting him. "You're not trying to keep someone out. Your task will be to keep someone in." There was confusion on the two teenagers' faces. Baekhyun continued, explaining to them, "Miran has two sisters who will be staying with us from now on. But Miran thinks they might try to run away and we need someone to keep watch. They're two girls--a seventeen year old named Yoonah and a ten year old named Mijin."

The two boys now nodded in understanding.

"They are not to leave this room without either me or Miran. If they try to escape while we're asleep, or while we're gone, catch them and apprehend them. But do not hurt them." Baekhyun said slowly, his voice dropping to a dark tone that almost resembled a warning. 

"Yes hyung." Jaehyun assured him, a small chill running down his spine.

"You'll be employed with us temporarily, for as long as we need you." Baekhyun informed them, and the two boys nodded again. "Please do not fail me. I trust Taeyong and I trust you boys, as allies of the Pack. Those girls are very important to my Miran."

Mark bowed his head in respect. "We will not fail you, hyung."

"Thank you for your help, boys. And good luck." Baekhyun nodded before turning and entering his hotel suite for a good night's rest.

-

so yoonah thinks sehun is handsome. (who doesn't?)

another fillerish chapter, but it will soon get interesting again. also, that detail about yoonah thinking sehun is handsome will be relevant later. so stay tuned for that. i'm planning a lot of upcoming drama. also i plan to include the other characters more.

thank you all so much for reading this story, as well as commenting and voting. it means a lot to me. 

have a wonderful night!

-clary