t w e n t y o n e

$ t w e n t y o n e $

Baekhyun had been thrown out of the room and his shirt tossed at him by his girlfriend. He wanted to spend some time with Miran--continue what they had started--and then go talk to Junmyeon. But she insisted that there was no time to lose, it was a very important subject that she didn't want to put off until later. Now he walked down the hallway with a sigh and a stiffness in his pants that was aching for some attention, pulling his shirt on over his head. It had been that very feeling and pleasure that had gotten them in the problem they were in now.

He headed towards Junmyeon's room, which he would now share with Hani since she had returned to Korea with them, already knowing the way there by memory. He brought his knuckles up and knocked on the door twice, Junmyeon opened it for him within a minute. Before the alpha could even think of anything to say, Baekhyun began, "Hyung, I need to talk to you about something really important."

The leader nodded his head and stepped to the side, to allow Baekhyun access into the room. "Come in." He said, and Baekhyun thanked him with a bow of his head. As he entered the room, he saw Hani sleeping soundly in bed. She and the members of the Coven slept more since they had been rescued from Japan. Their bodies were trying to regain that sleep they had lost, and she was looking healthier. Her face still had a paleness to it, with hollowed out cheeks and bags under her eyes from the lack of food, water, and rest. But she was doing much better. Still, Junmyeon had decided that he would call in a doctor to check on her.

The two stood together by the door and Baekhyun lowered his voice so as not to wake Hani. "Hyung, I have something to tell you, and then something to ask of you." Junmyeon gave a nod of his head. By the look on Baekhyun's face, he was able to guess that it was something serious. The beta soon continued. "Miran just gave me the news that...we're gonna have a baby. And I was hoping we could all talk about the rules--"

Junmyeon cut him off and took him by surprise when he threw his arms around Baekhyun, pulling him in for a hug. A wide smile had spread across his lips. "That's great, Light! I'm so happy for you."

Baekhyun paused in their celebration by reminding him. "According to the rules only the alphas can have kids."

"Ah," Junmyeon scoffed, waving the negative thought away. "I never really agreed with that rule. If I remember correctly, you were the one who suggested it." The leader pointed out with an amused smile. It was nothing to laugh or joke about, but Junmyeon saw the irony in it. Baekhyun had been the one to suggest the rule, and it had been only Baekhyun who had broken the rule twice. Once with his first wife Minha, and once more with his girlfriend Miran.

"I was trying to protect you, and the seat that belongs to you. We all love and respect you as our leader. But I didn't want a crazy little Byun or Satantoo so challenge you in the future." Baekhyun defended himself, flustered. Knowing himself, and the way he had challenged the alpha before, he didn't want it to happen again with his son or daughter. 

junmyeon placed a hand on his shoulder reassuringly. "I'm pretty sure I don't have to do this, but I like being fair. So call a Pack meeting, we'll take a vote on repealing that rule."

Baekhyun nodded gratefully and left the room to unite the others.

-

"Jagi, I don't think your brother should fight his alpha." Kyungsoo said after his tenth day of training with Kim Seokjin. The two of them would train together every day once everyone in the house had gone to sleep already, and Kyungsoo saw the commitment Jin had, but it just wasn't enought. "Honestly, he's gonna get crushed if they fight. The other day he sprained his wrist trying to pin my arm behind my back. And I was going easy on him, I wasn't even struggling. I don't want to push him into a fight where he's bound to lose. It would be unfair."

Even through everything that the Coyotes had done to him, he still had nothing against Jin. Jin and the two youngest boys--Taehyung and Jungkook--had been the only ones who didn't torture him or treat him like an animal. Jin had remained mostly indifferent towards him, while the two other boys treated him like another part of the family.

They made an effort to treat him well.

Jagi frowned at his words. "I really don't want my brother to get hurt, but he's our only hope." She was desperate to get out of there and Kyungsoo knew it. He got to go out a few times, whenever Yoongi needed him. But Jagi was never allowed out of the house anymore--unless she was accompanied by either Jimin or Jin. Since she had been mad at the two of them, the last thing she wanted was to go out with them.

"He's not a fighter, baby." Kyungsoo insisted, trying to reason with her. He knew it was exactly as she had said. The last thing she wanted was for Jin to get hurt. But he was her only way to escape from the Coyotes.

"Maybe he just needs a little extra push." She thought about it, an idea already forming in her mind.

Kyungsoo eyed her suspiciously. "What did you have in mind?"

-

The Coyotes were at dinner when Jagi put her plan in motion. It was just Jagi, and her pack's members. Kyungsoo wasn't allowed to have any meals with them and had a piece of bread and some water taken to his room every night. Jagi could barely eat, knowing that he wasn't getting enough food and worried at the way he seemed to be losing weight rapidly. She had even often tried to sneak him food, but Namjoon was smart. He had the kitchen locked at night to prevent her from taking anything.

Jagi sat between her husband and her brother, and was beginning to get annoyed at Jimin's attempts to hold her hand underneath the table or to give her a kiss on the lips. The only ones having conversation were the maknaes, Hoseok, and Namjoon. It had been mostly about a funny joke Jungkook had told them that day.

Finally steeling herself, she slammed her fork down on the table to get their attention. Pushing her chair back, she got back on her feet and made an announcement. "I have been unhappy in this house far too long." She said, looking with narrowed eyes towards the leader sitting at the head of the table.

Namjoon shot her an uncaring and teasing smile. "Yeah? What are you gonna do about it, Princess?"

"I'm gonna challenge you to an alpha battle--"

Before she could finish, both Jimin and Jin said in unison, "Jagi no."

Her brother tugged on her wrist, begging her to desist and trying to get her to sit back down. But she wouldn't back down. That was the little push she had been talking about when she mentioned it to Kyungsoo. But she hadn't said anything to him because she knew he would try to stop her. She thought that maybe seeing her in danger, risking her life like that was just what he needed to channel his inner strength.

This time, Namjoon let out an amused laugh. "You are challenging me?"

Jagi gave a nod of her head. "When I win, I will be your alpha and I'll free Soo from this horrible place." And I'll go with him, she thought to herself.

"When you lose," Namjoon's eyes darkened. "You'll lose your rank and you'll be a real slave, just like your precious Soo."

-

things are gonna get exciting again and we're at chapter twenty one. that means this story is about twenty percent done. how quickly that happened. time flies when you're having fun. 

thank you all so much for reading, supporting, and commenting. it means a lot to me.

i will try to update the prequel and the spin off, and maybe even the q&a, since i haven't posted in those in a while. thank you all for being really patient with me. i know sometimes i take super long to update certain stories *cough* the exoplanet one series. *cough*

-clary