6: Goodbye?

Emery's view

Later that day, I met up with Jordie and Clare to try to cheer me up after last night. We went to Starbucks, our normal place to discuss and catch up in our personal lives.

"You're so sad Emery. Why would you tell her to go if you would be so heartbroken?" asked Clare.

"Because I love her too much," I answered back defeated.

"What do you mean?" asked Jordie looking very confused.

"I love her, that's why I can't tell her to stay. That's why I have to tell her the cons of going, despite how I feel. All I care about is her, if she ends up being happy, then this pain is worth it."

I'm so sorry, that you're caught up in this. Both of you guys deserve the best," commented Clare, "I feel so bad to be leaving you right now," she adds hugging me tightly.

"It's okay. Go have fun with Riley. Enjoy every second with him," I reply back as Clare leaves to go on a pre-planned date with her boyfriend.

I look over at Jordie and can't help but ask, "How did you get over Ethan? I know you two loved each other, but how did you deal with him moving to New York to go to college?"

Jordie gave me a small smile, but I could see the pain in his eyes of remembering my brother. "No matter how much we loved each other, we just weren't meant to stay on the same path," Jordie simply said.

"What if that's happening between Gracen and I?" I asked him.

Jordie hugged me tightly, whispering, "I don't know, but it doesn't hurt to try to stay together."

"Thank you Jordie, for everything."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gracen's view

When Emery came home, I told her the truth and at first she didn't say anything, then she walked over to me and hugged me tightly.

She raised her hand up to caress my cheek and said, "It's okay, Gracen. I love you and I always will."

"I'm scared that one day you will stop, regardless of how hard we stay together."

"Gracen, look at me. I can't predict what the future will be like, but I can promise that this love I have for you won't die. You are my first love, and I will never forget that."

"Emery, what are we going to do? I don't want to lose you."

"I don't want to lose you either, which is why we give long distance a try. I hope it works, and I have so much faith, but I'm still scared to. Yet, I will try with everything I have, no matter what because I am so in love with you."

"I love you so much too."

We agreed to try out long distance, neither of us wanted to break up, we just couldn't do it. So, the next few days passed so fast, nearing closer to the day I had to leave. I made sure to tell everyone and I didn't want to say goodbye to anyone, it was so hard. Every day that passed, I could feel my heart grow a little hollower. Emery and I tried to make the most of the time we had left, but we were both breaking inside.

The final day, Emery drove me to the airport and I felt like crying, but I held it in. Emery stayed with me as far as she could in the airport, but it was time for our goodbye now.

I shut me eyes to hold all my emotions in and I felt Emery brush a strand of hair out of my face. I opened my eyes and stared directly at her beautiful blue eyes.

"I'm not saying goodbye, Gracen, because this isn't bye forever. I'm always going to be here. I love you."

The moment she said that I lost it, tears started rolling down my cheeks and Emery brushed them away and she gave me a tight hug.

"I love you so much too," I said kissing her.

We stayed in our embrace for a little longer, before we let go. I turned and walked through security. I kept looking back at Emery every second until people blocked my view of her. Then I passed through security into the airport waiting areas for the passengers.

I walked into the bathroom and cried my eyes out until I heard my flight being called and I slowly made it onto the plane and all I thought about on my twelve hour flight to London was my family and Emery.

Emery's POV

I walked back to the car and just sat there. I glanced at the clock and counted the few minutes left before Gracen's plane would depart.

Five minutes.

I wanted more than anything to stop her from leaving, but I can't do that. This is Gracen's dream. I can't stop her. That would be wrong. Plus, I love her so much that I don't think I would have been able to go through with telling her not to go.

Three minutes left.

I start to panic. My heart races and my hands start shaking as I hold onto the steering wheel with my life. The tears come flowing down my face and I let out a shaky breath.

One minute left.

I start sobbing as I let go of the wheel and try to stop the tears, but it's no use, I feel utterly broken and alone. I sit there in silence as I try to calm myself down, but I can't. I continue crying and repeating, "I love you Gracen,' over and over again.

Finally hours later, I'm able to drive home. When I get back to the apartment I crawl into bed and grab the pillow Gracen left behind and I hold it close to my chest as I let the silence overwhelm me to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------