46: I Love You

Emery's view

After the ceremony, the newlywed headed over to another section of the venue where they would have the rest of the wedding party. After a while of having people congratulate them on being married now, they both went over to the dance floor to dance their first song together married now. Riley twirled her around so gracefully and pulled her in close for the song and it was such a beautiful moment between them, I was so happy for her. Clare looked so in love and like she was experiencing pure joy by her wide smile and contagious laugh. After the song ended another began and other couples starting joining the dance floor around them.

Jordie looks over at me and smirks as he walks over saying, "Get up, you are going to dance."

"Jordie, you can't dance though," I said smugly.

"Who the hell we were going to dance together?" he smirks grabbing my hand to pull me toward the dance floor. He passes by Gracen and grabs her hand as well pulling her along with us. He stops and pushes both of us forward and slowly walks backward saying, "Dance you idiots."

Gracen laughs and looks over at me, "Well, we better listen to Jordie's advice. People are starting to look over at us because we are just awkwardly standing here."

"Right," I mumble as I get closer to her and wrap my arm around her waist as she wraps her hands around my neck. We gently sway to the music and I look up at her. She is stunning and at this moment I cannot focus on anything else but her. She has always been the center of my attention.

"What are you thinking about?" Gracen asks cocking her head to one side.

"How beautiful you look," I blurt out by accident. I widen my eyes in horror of what I said and I quickly look away, I can feel my cheeks turning red.

Gracen gently grabs my chin so that I'm looking directly at her, "I will never get tired of you blurting out adorable comments. Oh, and you look gorgeous too."

I smile and glance at her hand to notice that she's wearing the ring that I gave her. She notices where my eye sight went and adds, "How could I not wear it. It means so much. It symbolizes how much you love me."

I smile and tease, "Well, you're not wrong. I do love you. I love you with everything I have in me."

Gracen looks at me lovingly and there was so much emotion in her eyes and she slowly leans in to kiss me. "I love you too. I love you so much. I can't imagine my life without you, Emery."

Hearing her say that made me feel so happy. My heart was beating like crazy, waiting for the next words she was going to say.

"Emery, I don't want this to end. I know that we don't know what the future holds for us, but I know that as long as I have you by my side everything will be okay. Please, Em, give me another chance."

"...Gracen," I say but she cuts me off.

"I can drop out of the study abroad, it's no problem. I just want to be with you, now and forever. Nothing else even comes close to how much you mean to me."

"Gracen..." I didn't manage to say anything else because she cut me off again.

"I have never met a person who makes me feel so loved and amazing the way that you make me feel. You're my one and only, Emery. I won't ever find another person who I love so much like you."

"GRACEN! Stop, let me at least speak please," I say grabbing onto her shoulders so she would focus on me.

"Sorry, I got carried away. Go ahead," she whispers.

"Thank you. Now, I don't want you dropping out of your study abroad scholarship. I want you to finish that and enjoy it. I don't want you to drop everything for me because I'm not going anywhere. I love you now and forever too, that's never changing. I will never love another person as much as I love you."

I lean closer to her and grabbed her hand and lift it up, "When you see this ring, I want you to know that I love you more than you could ever possibly know. Let this ring be a promise that there won't be a single day that passes that I won't be thinking about you and how much I love you. I'll be right waiting for you, so promise me that you'll come back to me."

I noticed that her eyes starting tearing up and a tear rolls down her cheek before she pulls me in for a kiss. We kissed for what felt like forever, well it was only a few seconds, but being with her felt like a lifetime of the kind of life I always wished for.

She pulled away and said, "I promise I'll come back. I will always come back for you."

"And I will always be here, waiting for you," I whisper to her.

"Forever?" she asks making me smile and lean my forehead to rest against hers.

"Now and forever. I love you, Gracen. I will never stop loving you, even if we are miles, countries or continents apart. Even through all the crazy hour differences and Skype calls and goodnight text messages. Even if we can't see each other through our computer screens or even if I can't hear your voice for days. No matter what obstacle is in our way, I would never even for a second stop loving you with all my heart," after that I pull her in for another kiss and we sway to the music for the rest of the night.

---------------------------------------

Author note:Heads up, just a few more chapters before the story ends.